Sign in to follow this  
Jpclarke89

18 Button OBC swap

I have an 18 button OBC to replace the 11 button currently in my e36. All I currently have is just the OBC (not the corresponding wiring harness which I am trying to source), and a wiring diagram which shows how to wire it in.

Are there any other parts I'll need for the swap for all the functions on the 18 button to work correctly?

I have done some research but different people say different things. Like I read somewhere someone was swapping an indicator stalk and adding temp sensors to the car etc. I don't really know anything at all about these so I'll be grateful for any input/knowledge on the swap.

If anyone has some info regarding anything else I need for the swap, or knows someone with these parts that would help heaps also

For an 11 button to 18 all you need is a few additional wires to the dash. Did it to my old 328i, was a piece of piss. The stalk is optional but I wouldn't bother. Ive got it as factory in my m3 but always use the obc buttons.

off topic but I have a 18 button obc and stalk to control it as well for sale ..

For an 11 button to 18 all you need is a few additional wires to the dash. Did it to my old 328i, was a piece of piss. The stalk is optional but I wouldn't bother. Ive got it as factory in my m3 but always use the obc buttons.

What does the stalk allow you to do?

What does the stalk allow you to do?

You can access the obc and cycle thru the readouts using the stalk - you can push it in like a button

Yea does that ^^^ but goes through one by one but most the time you just want to see one thing, I always put mine straight to temp when I get in and that's pretty much it. The rest is just for the wank factor haha

Edited by euroriffic

People do a lot for that wank factor !! Haha

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Like buy M3s aye Ken? Hahaha

Oh yeah I think I'll flag he stalk sounds like a lot of effort for something I'll never use.

If anyone knows someone with a wiring harness for sale get at me

There's two different plugs that will work, the actual one for the unit and another one I can't remember what it was off but more common. Only thing is with that one you have to re pin a few wires as mine was like that and was confusing the hell out of me as the colours and PIN numbers wouldn't match up. So make sure you go by pin, not colour. Can get them off ebay cheap as

Like buy M3s aye Ken? Hahaha

haha!

well the stigma of m3 drivers has now passed on a bit to audi s4 drivers so we're considered a little less wanky ;)

There's two different plugs that will work, the actual one for the unit and another one I can't remember what it was off but more common. Only thing is with that one you have to re pin a few wires as mine was like that and was confusing the hell out of me as the colours and PIN numbers wouldn't match up. So make sure you go by pin, not colour. Can get them off ebay cheap as

Sweet thanks for that