Sign in to follow this  
NakiTouring

E60 E61 Japanese to NZ FM Radio Frequency

With the help of AK330i's post, http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/6327-how-to-reprogram-jap-bmw-radio-to-nz-frequencies/?p=492117 I have successfully coded the CCC iDrive in my Japanese imported 05 E61 530i as below...

Changed these settings with NCS-Expert:

CTUNE before:

RDS_AF_FUNKTION_CCC (RDS is the bit that shows the name of the station on the screen)
rds_aus
LAENDERVARIANTE_TUNER_ANT
japan

CTUNE after:

RDS_AF_FUNKTION_CCC
rds_ein_af_automatisch
ece

CAPPL before:

LAENDERVARIANTE_TUNER
japan

CAPPL after:

LAENDERVARIANTE_TUNER
ece

There's this setting too, but not sure it's needed (I didn't use it the first time):

CHOST before:

LAENDERVARIANTE_GT
japan

CHOST after:

LAENDERVARIANTE_GT
ece

There is probably an oceania, aus/nz alternative to ece but ece works none the less.

I was pretty happy with myself once complete, however, a few days later I installed and coded a new battery, and it blew out the hard work above and reverted back to Japanese frequencies. So can anyone please tell me what changes I need to make to the Vehicle Order to make these things stick? There isn't a lot online about getting these Japanese imports to play ball...

Cheers,
Duncan

Edited by NakiTouring
  • Like 1

Hi Duncan,

I did the same to my jap-import E87 130i to get the radio onto the NZ Frequencies with RDS - thanks to previous post by Crabstick.

I'm also looking to code to get rid of the very annoying reverse gong, and then ultimately recode the full car to Europe or Oceania.

I guess updating the VO (Vehicle Order) would be done with the "FA" button on NCS Expert, but not yet confident enough to try this due to lack of knowledge.

Cheers, Mick

• Like 2

Hi Duncan,

I did the same to my jap-import E87 130i to get the radio onto the NZ Frequencies with RDS - thanks to previous post by Crabstick.

I'm also looking to code to get rid of the very annoying reverse gong, and then ultimately recode the full car to Europe or Oceania.

I guess updating the VO (Vehicle Order) would be done with the "FA" button on NCS Expert, but not yet confident enough to try this due to lack of knowledge.

Cheers, Mick

Mike,

Would you be confident enough to change mine form JP into NZ frequencies??

• Like 1

Hi Duncan,

Good day. Would it be possible for you to teach us step by step in multiple module coding? I have done my acoustic alarm notification but looking at the radio conversion, it seems like there are 3 modules to change and I haven't done 3 modules and too scared to try. Please help. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Jason

skpye name: XCALIBUR--

FB: Tu Ba

Hi Duncan,

Cheers, Mick

Hi Mick,

I have seen a youtube gong coding somewhere, it is easy same as the acoustic notification that I did. I was scared initially but was so happy I finally did it. Youtube name was f-tar, he helped me step by step in coding my acoustic alarm.

Cheers.

Jason

Mike,

Would you be confident enough to change mine form JP into NZ frequencies??

I would love to know Crabsticks advice on how to convert my Z3 radio from Japan to NZ frequency because band expander and Antenna has not worked. Thanks! Crystal

Hi Duncan,

I have a1997 BMW Z3 and I am having trouble with my radio reception. It was imported from Japan in 2004. I have put In a band expander and new Antenna. I read through some instructions on reprogramming but I only got half way through. I held down "M" for ten seconds and got serial :SN V0627064. I moved across and only these showed up: SV 29-96 06, GaL 5, station 80.2 fM "03, 04, 02"changing.

I tried Turning off the radio at each of these settings but it did not improve reception.

The other options/ components "Japan", European, Oceania...etc did not appear when I pushed 1,2 ,3 to ANY other button .

Please, if you could offer any other advise...I would soo much appreciate it....

Am I going to have to buy a new stereo?...and in fact, Would a new stereo fix my reception...

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Kind regards, Crystal

Ive done the Radio from Japan to NZ ECE settings as above, works great thank you, but now im working on disabling the Reverse Gong and and seat belt gong.
With NCS ive codded REVERSE_GONG ->nicht_aktiv in CAPPL module and read it back ok but it still gongs. The other tweaks like comfort key eject aktiv codded and work ok.

My E90 iDrive CCC 2007 335i is from Japan, i think its a requirement in Japan to have the rev gong working?

Does anyone know if there is another overriding code some where for country specs in the modules or is that only in the VO?

Could some one please post or PM me up a Europe/NZ ECE all module trace file from a car similar to mine and ill compare my Japanese one??

Cheers

Is this possible on e65?

Radio and other cool stuff coding? Yes indeedy, NCS Expert is what you need, have fun coding all sorts of mods until you inadvertently brick your DME or transmission ECU.... :blink: All that fruit that didnt get ticked when you car was ordered; lock & windows roll up-mirrors in, rain detect roll up, velocity on BC, code tow bar, lighting, DVD in motion, MHUD on non M cars....

Radio and other cool stuff coding? Yes indeedy, NCS Expert is what you need, have fun coding all sorts of mods until you inadvertently brick your DME or transmission ECU.... :blink: All that fruit that didnt get ticked when you car was ordered; lock & windows roll up-mirrors in, rain detect roll up, velocity on BC, code tow bar, lighting, DVD in motion, MHUD on non M cars....

You have to be careful that's all I'm sayin. You can enable and disable all sorts of things but some folk do end up stuffing things.

• Like 1

You have to be careful that's all I'm sayin. You can enable and disable all sorts of things but some folk do end up stuffing things.

Hope you have Phil's ok before playing around with the settings on his next car :))

When is the cage being fitted ?

Quick question, what adaptor are you using for the OBDII? Can a generic one be used or even the BT one from aliexpress and so on?

I will convert the radio frequency on my E91 2006 CCC and really keen on killing those bloody gongs

Hope you have Phil's ok before playing around with the settings on his next car :))

When is the cage being fitted ?

The DSC was great at Hampton in the wet, it was amazing after I turned it off to see what the computer had been doing.

Quick question, what adaptor are you using for the OBDII? Can a generic one be used or even the BT one from aliexpress and so on?

I will convert the radio frequency on my E91 2006 CCC and really keen on killing those bloody gongs

Apparantly a lot of cables dont work. I'm using the BMcables DCAN silver cable from the UK with full software INPA and NCS on the DVD on auto setup install. A lot of people bag it on the forums as it doesn't install on some PCs. I run parallels on my mac with an old virgin XP, it worked only after I installed SP3 and .net installer v3.5 then v4.

All works perfectly.

Apparantly a lot of cables dont work. I'm using the BMcables DCAN silver cable from the UK with full software INPA and NCS on the DVD on auto setup install. A lot of people bag it on the forums as it doesn't install on some PCs. I run parallels on my mac with an old virgin XP, it worked only after I installed SP3 and .net installer v3.5 then v4.

All works perfectly.

Thanks for the reply. Same scenario here, macbook with parallels.

I'm guessing you got this one? http://www.bcables.com/buynow.html

cheers

Yes i got Option 7.

• Like 1

Hi

I have just started coding my E90.

I have successfully changed the radio from Japan to NZ frequencies.

The code settings that work, including RDS are:

CTUNE     CCC_ANT.C0C
-------------------------------------------
RDS_AF_FUNKTION_CCC
rds_ein_af_automatisch

ece

CAPPL    CCC_APP.C0C
-----------------------------------------
LAENDERVAARIANTE_TUNER
ece 

ece = europe

I just use a $20 K+DCAN / USB from Aliexpress. It works perfectly.

It took a lot of effort to assemble the software, and figure out how to code.

The actual coding is the easy part.

At present, I am trying to figure out how to get my CCC to display English instead of Japanese.

Has anyone solved this problem?

Yes the English is on the main idrive menu under settings.

Any one figured out how to kill the gongs for reverse and seat belts.

ive turned them all to nickt_activ but they still go.....

Hi

CTUNE     CCC_ANT.C0C
RDS_AF_FUNKTION_CCC
rds_ein_af_automatisch

ece

CAPPL    CCC_APP.C0C
LAENDERVAARIANTE_TUNER
ece 

ece = europe

At present, I am trying to figure out how to get my CCC to display English instead of Japanese.

Hey there

Would you do mine? Just tell how much $ or how many beers :) I live in Wellington

It's a E91 CCC 2006

HI there

am a newbie in coding and have just installed INPA. I want to code my E70 from JAP to ECE frequencies as per initial post in this topic. could someone share a detailed guide on how to do this or just point out to the right modules to code.

As per post one above, you need NCS Expert

On 7/25/2015 at 9:47 PM, dazz said:

Hi

CTUNE     CCC_ANT.C0C
RDS_AF_FUNKTION_CCC
rds_ein_af_automatisch

ece

CAPPL    CCC_APP.C0C
LAENDERVAARIANTE_TUNER
ece 

ece = europe

Hi, I have an e90 in NZ from Japan. Can I use OBD2 to reprogram the above?