Sign in to follow this  
NakiTouring

E60 E61 Japanese to NZ FM Radio Frequency

On 05/10/2017 at 5:58 PM, sundeep lakshmipathi said:

Hi, I have an e90 in NZ from Japan. Can I use OBD2 to reprogram the above?

It's not just OBD2, you need the right OBD2 cable, inpa and NCS expert. 

It'spretty easy once your have bought the above - look on eBay for the kit

On 8/6/2014 at 6:53 PM, mickj said:

Hi Duncan,

I did the same to my jap-import E87 130i to get the radio onto the NZ Frequencies with RDS - thanks to previous post by Crabstick.

I'm also looking to code to get rid of the very annoying reverse gong, and then ultimately recode the full car to Europe or Oceania.

I guess updating the VO (Vehicle Order) would be done with the "FA" button on NCS Expert, but not yet confident enough to try this due to lack of knowledge.

Cheers, Mick

Hey mate, have you figured this one out?

I recently did some coding on my e87, reasons:

- iDrive resolution was wrong

- Menus had missing text, or weird text (AV instead of Entertainment etc.)

First thing I did (idiot) was factory coding CAPPL, CTUNE, CHOST, CGATE, CAUDI. I soon realised all went back to japanese setting, but, resolution fixed :D What made me realise something is wrong was the reverse gong!! and radio frequency range. Menus still had missing text too.

Then with help of this post, I went module by module, and kind of figured out how to fix everything step by step.

Now all works nice, menus have text everywhere etc, but when I go into iDrive menu, that widget where you can check service only shows service details, while previously it had 2 more things (no idea what they were, as text was missing before). I think tyre pressure monitor is also not active, even though I activated it in CAPPL and CAS. I'm not too needy with any of this stuff, but wondering what other 2 options next to service details could have been, if anyone knows?

The options menu also seems shorter, so not sure what's missing there :D

Anyway I though updating VO is only needed when you add a new module to the system ... ? Will my settings crap out when new battery gets registered in the future? (still far away from that as was recently done)