Sign in to follow this  
DarkRepuls3

Help with e36 tweaks

Hey guys, I have a 320i e36 and I just wanted to ask around as to what I can do to improve the sound of my car and other small improvements I can make to add small amounts of horsepower to my car without buying a new car obviously, cheers

mind if I ask where are you from?

you could get a muffler from a 328i or maybe a remus universal or something and maybe decat it with straight pipes or single/twin resonator? small horse power, I guess do mods to your airbox and clean up your ICV, get a chip?

mind if I ask where are you from?

you could get a muffler from a 328i or maybe a remus universal or something and maybe decat it with straight pipes or single/twin resonator? small horse power, I guess do mods to your airbox and clean up your ICV, get a chip?

In hamilton

thats close to auckland. try gavin @ hi velocity, best tune up guy "near" you. usually his tunes will probably add 20 - 30 whp just from his tunes. a bit expensive but worth it.

To be honest I'm not sure there's a great deal worth doing to the B20 short of turbocharging. You could go for cams, higher compression & a freer flowing exhaust but for the thousands of dollars you'll spend you'll likely end up with a similar output to an unmodified M50B25 / M52B28, on a really good day.

Probably best to swap out the 2 litre for a 2.8 really, good engines can be had for around $1500 including ecu.

Debaffle the factor airbox (slightly more induction noise) , remove the cats (leave the factory resonators in!) and look at a Remus or similar backbox. A full dual pipe system from a 328i would probably sound better than the peashooter setup the smaller engines got.

Probably not the answer you're looking for but I hope it helps :)

Add a M badge. Best dollar to horsepower gain mod out there

• Like 4

Save your money for a better car next time round

^ best advice. if you want more power start from a better base as a 328i or something because by the time you have spent xx on your car to get close to the m50b25/m52b28 engines you have already spent enough to get that said car. i drove a 318is for many years untill I crashed it and then decided to get a better bmw, you really dont need a faster car, what are you gonna do with 50 more WHP that you cant do now? shave off a 1 second of your 0 - 60 time? just leave it man. save your money to maintain these cars or get a better bmw to start with then if you still need more power you can spend it on a blower.

• Like 1