Sign in to follow this  
booloveblankie

White E30

Continuing from intro thread:

Bought Jaydubs 325i. Very nice, all swell.

post-2855-1296354363.jpg

post-2855-1296354382.jpg

I have installed understeer SSK, ERK and mechanic has since installed UUC dual sheer selector rod (had to change selector joint, etc...).

Also done by the mechanic: Front control arm bushings, cambelt, waterpump (had never been replaced before!), crank/cam seals (crank seal had not been replaced for a looong time - took mechanic 3 days to remove crank bolt as it had seized a long time ago), driveshaft coupling, E32 750iL brake master cylinder and braided brake lines. There was also an oil leak from the rocker cover (gasket sealant had not been used whenever the gasket was changed) so a new one has been installed - with sealant.

Rear subframe bushings were in good nick so he left those in. Left rear brake hose fitting had seized as well so I have 3 braided lines installed... E32 master cylinder is fantastic! So much better than the previous spongy pedal. Not quite on par with newer BMW brakes as there is a very slight delay before any braking force is exerted (maybe due to firewall flex?), but once through the delay it is like pushing against a brick wall.

If anyone is interested in the DSSR - it's like a damn bolt action rifle!

Very little play. Ran into an issue though - in 2nd, 4th and in neutral if I was resting my hand on the shifter, the DSSR would hit the driveshaft. Sounded like a jack-hammer. Fixed that after I got home from uni though. Ground a notch out of the DSSR with a drill. Worked a charm. Although I do keep picking aluminium filings out of my skin...

Pretty annoyed with understeer.com. Short shifter was good, but the DSSR was a nightmare. Just a constant headache. First I got an email about having to pay for shipping (site was plastered with "buy this, get free shipping!!!"). Then the dssr didn't work with the pre 88 selector joint - nothing about that on understeer's website. A now the DSSR hits the driveshaft - even with the ERK which raises the shifter height substantially! In fairness though, DSSR and ERK were made by UUC - but I still feel the seller should do some product testing.

In other news, the clutch is effed and I probably should have had that done at the same time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It's definitely slipping now... But I gotta wait until pay day!

Nice car. I like how the grill remained chrome. Not feeling the eyelids though...

Looks sweet on those Alpinas, genuine or reps?

Reps. Genuine has 18 spokes these have 19 (or something along those lines).

Nice car. I like how the grill remained chrome. Not feeling the eyelids though...

Eyelids were removed before I purchased. Front bumper is in need of some TLC, hence I'm reusing Jaydubs old photos :ph34r:

Do you drive around browns bay alot?

About twice a year.

Previous owner lived on the shore until very recently - it's possible you were seeing him