Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Team 303 - Bimmersport - 6 Hour Endurance Race

Good luck to James (Jamez) and Dan (Driftit) in the Bimmersport Livery s50b32 e30 for this weekends Pukekohe 6 hour endurance race this weekend!

Looking fast after the tune put down 300rwhp on the new sponsors Gull force gas. should kick some ass boys! :)

post-373-0-01827700-1401965794.jpg

• Like 3

MIght have to make an excuse to duck out & watch a few laps..... I mean a daddy session with my 13 month old :ph34r:

Good luck guys!

Don't forget to give the hard-working pit crew a mention. They will be putting in the real effort while James & Dan just sit around... in the driver's seat :huh: !

Big thanks for Jon the Pom!

If anyone else wants to come down and look important, feel free to join the pit crew :)

People will laugh at my lines and braking spots :P I'll get a video today and chuck it up.

Good luck team. Good to see Gull are supporting. I know their Business Development & Brand Manager so very glad he's come to the party!

Brendon and I will come down with Ray for a look today.

Good luck boys, cant make it today as Im morbidly hungover. Also there are going to be strippers at the rugby club which to be honest is the main reason. Rag it!

Well sorry guys. Bit of Ring failure didn't let us start. Is a real shame as we had some serious pace.

Bit from James.

To finish first, first you must finish. We started the weekend showing great potential in what the car could be capable of, the only problem was that the #1 cylinder kept dropping 10psi after every session, by this morning it was down to 150psi, much below the other 5. The drop in compression wasn't slowing us, it was the fact it was pumping the oil into the catch can and overflowing due to blow by.

We decided to call it quits while the motor is still in running condition and rebuild it before the Hampton Downs round. With a bit of luck all that will be needed are some new rings and gaskets.

A big thanks to Kayne Barrie, your advise was invaluable and its only because of you I now have a fully functional braking system, let's hope you are doing the Hampton Downs round so we can use it against you when we have a fully functional motor

A big thanks to our sponsors Bimmersport.co.nz for the cool livery, we got heaps of comments about how good the car looked. A big thanks to Gull Motorsport, sure we didn't finish, but damn the car was pulling hard on Force 10, I would have never have thought the E30 would be able to out drag a Porsche GT3 before.

Lastly a little blurb to let it all out. I am pretty gutted that cylinder 1 has decided to have issues, we were flying in the night session with old semi slicks, passing pretty much everything with ease, I even out dragged a few Porsche GT3's before passing a Juno round the outside at turn 1 (at 210km/h) in the dark. The next morning Kayne helped us sort the brake bias and then we fitted new michelin slicks, damn, without even doing a flying lap I managed to do a 1:14 flat, it was only when I came over the hill to do my flying lap's that I got the "oh sh*t this car has a lot of grip" moment when I managed to swerve around 2 cars coming over the hill without lifting at all from the hairpin onwards. The car would have done 12's easy and the fact we only had to pit once (others are 3-5 times) for fuel meant that we were effectively doing 2 seconds faster per lap relative to the other cars (a 1:10 effectively). I can't wait to see how the car goes at Hampton!

And a little vid from our Night qualifier. Damn Porches and E92 M3's getting in the way :P

Pretty much what you see in the Vid is what I could see. That Green light along the back straight was bloody annoying. Stupid Train signal!

Edited by driftit
  • Like 2

I think this is a good show of what you can really get out of a s50b32 and an e30. Still cant beat a screaming NA 6. Actually some what funny when you think about how much money has gone into all of the other cars you guy passed/beat in qaulifying and what you guys have spent on 303.

Loving the torch taped to the wheel! Unlucky lads, good to see an e30 smashing the big guns. Looking forward to seeing the videos from Hampton Downs

I think this is a good show of what you can really get out of a s50b32 and an e30. Still cant beat a screaming NA 6. Actually some what funny when you think about how much money has gone into all of the other cars you guy passed/beat in qaulifying and what you guys have spent on 303.

Time to get that cage and join us Josh. Perfect promo car for your equipment.

Team 303 - powered by duct tape!!

The video shows how different and amazingly awesome it is to race at night, but I bet it felt more than a little scary to be in the drivers seat.

Such as shame the car didn't make it to the start line, with the pit-stop strategy the result would have been very interesting.

Not a good day all for many of the Bimmers, the E92 M3 was on the trailer before the start as well, the Golden Homes E30 M3 only managed about 4 laps and it looks like even Kayne had a few issues before reaching the finish line. Fingers crossed Hampton Downs goes better for all the Bimmer boys!

I actually enjoyed the Night racing. Just focused on what is in front of me. Only issue was that some of the big budget drivers were very uncertain and oblivious to cars coming from behind them.

I actually enjoyed the Night racing. Just focused on what is in front of me. Only issue was that some of the big budget drivers were very uncertain and oblivious to cars coming from behind them.

Don't they were used to e30's being able to pass them :P

James have you got any idea what's wrong with it? Fried a ring or something?

James have you got any idea what's wrong with it? Fried a ring or something?

Pretty sure the rings are failing, going to replace with OEM ones this time, at 5 times the price of after market rings it would be cheaper to buy some new pistons but I am pretty keen to keep the whole thing stock and standard for reliability. I hope I get what I pay for the second time :)

Posted Image

Now me and the mad scientist have got to rip apart the block to replace the piston rings you just fried.

• Like 1

Pretty sure the rings are failing, going to replace with OEM ones this time, at 5 times the price of after market rings it would be cheaper to buy some new pistons but I am pretty keen to keep the whole thing stock and standard for reliability. I hope I get what I pay for the second time :)

bugger about that .

cough cough S38B36 lazy big HP and torque =)