Sign in to follow this  
B.M.W Ltd

Set up with 22' TV

I;m wanting to run the sound from a 22" 12 volt TV through a DVD FM car radio head deck using front and rear speaker set up. Do any of the makers do a head unit with audio in so it can be controlled by the head deck remote?

What controls were you wanting?

Volume, balance, fade, L&R speaker balance... similar to a home surround system. I don't think they make a 12 volt system

I havent had much to do with audio for a while but you may be best looking at marine audio stuff. Its a common place for car audio and tv surround systems to merge. Best of luck

I have a JVC unit which accepts audio (aux in 2 ch) in though not in surround format. This is reasonably common now. The unit I bought 4 years ago was able to play the dvd with sound over 2 channels and other audio over the remaining channels. Good for someone who wants a movie in the back seat (via headphones) and somthing else in the front. All functions on the unit were controlled by remote.

If your after somthing which controls the tv via the head unit then thats a bit different and beyond my knowlege sorry. hope thats helpful.

I only want to control the sound from the TV through the head deck. The TV has its own remote

Sounds like somthing along these lines then:

http://www.parallelimported.co.nz/car-audio/head-decks/jvc-kdr-425-head-deck.html

MOS-FET 50W x 4

24-bit DAC3-Band Parametric iEQ

Ready for Bluetooth® Wireless Technology*

Front USB Port (MP3/WMA)MP3/WMA Compatible with ID3/WMA Tag (CD/USB)

HS-IVi Tuner

Loudness Control

2.5V Line and Subwoofer Pre-Out Level

RCA Pre-Out Terminal (Rear/Subwoofer Switchable)

Subwoofer Control

High-Pass Filter

Dual AUX-IN (Front/Rear) << this is the bit you discribe?

Detachable Face Panel

Cheapy at $170 for more features add more $$

Yes something like that Matt. The smaller TV's just don't have decent speakers and I'm so used to having the surround sound at home

I'm taking out the passengers airbag in the Ti and mounting the Tv in the dash for the wife to watch while I track the car... just to keep her happy

Edited by *Glenn*

I'm taking out the passengers airbag in the Ti and mounting the Tv in the dash for the wife to watch while I track the car... just to keep her happy

classic , i do that all the time , while i text on my phone , drink my latte and do the crosswords in the womans weekly magizine
  • Like 1

late 2000's Alpine head unit with a 701 / 800 processer should give 5.1 Pro logic 2.0 from the stereo feed from the TV. Add a 2 din unit centre speaker.

701 /800 will also take a optical feed from a DVD/Bluray player if you wanted to add one (Dolby 5.1 / DTS 5.1).