Sign in to follow this  
a13antichrist

Debadging & M-badge

I'm thinking about taking the 328 badge off the boot and replacing it with a standard ///M badge - are the holes going to be in the right places for the new badge or will I still be left with some bogging & repainting to do?

Also where can you actually get OE M badges apart from the stealer?

haha

badge comes off easy, dental floss, heat and some rubbing (almost sounds like a perfect night at home)

dont m badge...rice boy

badge is glued - no holes.

Those badges don't have holes at the back .. they are just pure stickers ... STRONG stickers .. hah .. bmw badges are all stuck on apart from the emblem ..

Nothing if your car is an //M.

At least thats the general opinion of the BS masses. I too am of this opinion, but up to you. Its akin to sticking a GTS-T or GTR badge on a GTE r32.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

It is an ///M... but Gus knows that so I figured there was something against the badge in principle...

I think Bravo means a real M car, as in an M3, M5, M6 etc not a standard car with a few Mtech bits and pieces, but without the real M Engine.

I'm only a fan of M badges on real M cars...but hey, is your car, and is up to you and do what you think is best, or like best. Each to their own.

Cheers

Grant

Close Grant - also fine on genuine msport variants to distinguish the read deal from someone with a kit.

It IS personal thing. maybe those who think this way are anal. or maybe just not pretenders.

I hear what you're saying and I certainly wouldn't put an ///M badge on a non-M-spec, or an M3 badge on a non-M3, but since it already has the ///M side badges on the black Motorsport mouldings I figured it would be more along the lines of completing the picture rather than claiming to be something it's not. I mean would you go as far as to remove the M badges on the mouldings on an M-spec-only model?

Motorsport Wannabee is all that it is! Its ripping off the brand name.. buy genuine... but the real thing ... an m3 not just the badge.

There is nothing more embarassing about being a bmw owner than seeing someone with a m-badged automatic.

Not to mention fake badges look craptacular! Debadge and drive around without any it looks gud.

Edited by E30stz

I hear what you're saying and I certainly wouldn't put an ///M badge on a non-M-spec, or an M3 badge on a non-M3, but since it already has the ///M side badges on the black Motorsport mouldings I figured it would be more along the lines of completing the picture rather than claiming to be something it's not. I mean would you go as far as to remove the M badges on the mouldings on an M-spec-only model?

no - to be honest i never looked at what u drove. IMO u'r car = OK with M badge.

but that all it is - opinion.

Yea, don't opt for the cheap trademe badges as they are made of crap and will fade pretty damn quickly.

PS. I think I saw you parked outside the Wellington Town Hall on Saturday. First thing I noticed was the wing, and thought, ah, I've seen this car before. :)

I mean would you go as far as to remove the M badges on the mouldings on an M-spec-only model?

I would, but thats me.

Guest Andrew

my edirtysix has M badges in the trim also -

but at the end of the day - there is no M323 or M328 or M325.. (in e36).

Hmmmm. Well will debadge & see how I like that for a start.

PS.  I think I saw you parked outside the Wellington Town Hall on Saturday.  First thing I noticed was the wing, and thought, ah, I've seen this car before. :)

Yeah I live across the road from the town hall, often have it outside over the weekend. What did ya reckon about the wing in person? To be honest it's growing on me a little...

I'd go with the Model Designator removal option.

The true sleepers have that. If it has enough genuine ///M bits in it, then go for it. Just don't put an M3 badge on it!

I'd love to slap an ///M badge on my car, however, it's more fun to blow guys away when they think it's a 528.

post-8-1130826391.jpg

I would, but thats me.

On my car would you?

One on the grill and boot?

I was thinking about it, but i like that 1980's 'cluttered' look on the boot.

If i got a respray id de badge.

If i had an m3, id debadge. If fact i think my model is the only one i like with badges.

Stupid Alteeza's ruining my previously underground debage, (+ de-spoiler) buzz.

Well, see those wheels you have? They are M3 wheels.

Now your wanting to get rid of them.. and replace them with the wheels everyone has.. those E46 ones? I would keep the ones you have. They look alot better and not many other people have them. Thats just IMO though, Up to you.

They'll also hold better value in the long run too.. because there are a hell of a lot of those E46 M3 ones around (mainly due to those 18" replicas)

Just like everyone else has said.. de badge but don't M badge. If its not there in the first place it isn't meant to be there (the M badge I'm meaning)

Edited by BMW POWER

On my car would you?

One on the grill and boot?

I was thinking about it, but i like that 1980's 'cluttered' look on the boot.

If i got a respray id de badge.

If i had an m3, id debadge. If fact i think my model is the only one i like with badges.

Stupid Alteeza's ruining my previously underground debage, (+ de-spoiler) buzz.

Yup, I definately would (thats no slight on your car, it is probably close the best pre-facelift m325i I have seen).

But then that is me, and I'm kind of the "less is more" type.

Cheers

Grant

Guest Andrew

(thats no slight on your car, it is probably close the best pre-facelift m325i I have seen).

but you've seen mine?

:P

Agree not to M a non-M car. Seen a couple of M3 badged "some-car" in 15-inch bottle-cap wheels. LOL...

how about a model desination downgrade? (maybe a 316 or 318 badge on a 325/328 car) Maybe even throw in a "d" (diesel) for good measure.

hrmmm how bout seeing it this way... ya could go buy an M3 and upgrade to bottlecaps and take off the bottle kit replace it with stock.

(thats no slight on your car, it is probably close the best pre-facelift m325i I have seen).

but you've seen mine?

:P

I'm just blinded by the orange when I see your car, it has permanently scarred my retinas.

I wanted to debadge my car before I saw it. But I presume the dealer sold it with the ///M badge on it. (no model designation). So I'm in two minds.

Did RXSUMO's and KIWI535's both come with the ///M Badge's on the 535is?

I personally prefer Debadged. Simple, Clean and funtional looking! Very German.

INMHO.