Sign in to follow this  
vtgts300kw

How do you unclip the chrome surround on the Kidney Grill? (E30)

fairly sure they don't..... why do you need to take it apart are you painting it?

Conveniently, mine practically fall out with very little coercion, but aren't loose. The kidney surround themselves are 4 clips - like a conventional snap-in hook on every plastic component ever created.

Alternatively there should be a couple of clips under the bonnet at the front there that'd be helpful in removing that center section of the grill.

Are you removing the kidneys to return them to their nice chrome lustre after some hack has painted them black?

fairly sure they don't..... why do you need to take it apart are you painting it?

Yeah, they have started chipping so I want to Plastidip them black for shits and giggles. Have also done the chrome surrounds on the headlights which have started rusting.

Conveniently, mine practically fall out with very little coercion, but aren't loose. The kidney surround themselves are 4 clips - like a conventional snap-in hook on every plastic component ever created.

Alternatively there should be a couple of clips under the bonnet at the front there that'd be helpful in removing that center section of the grill.

Are you removing the kidneys to return them to their nice chrome lustre after some hack has painted them black?

Yeah I've got the grill apart but I'm not sure how to remove the chrome trim from the actual grills without snapping the clips. It doesn't look like they are meant to come off. If I don't find a solution I'll probably just snap them off, paint them and then super glue it back or something.

How does one best go about this? One of these hacks did that to mine, likewise with the boot model badge