Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

Redrill wheels

Anyone know if it's possible to redrill a set of BBS CH from 112 to 120 pattern? And idea of cost? Ta :)

I've had a set drilled from 112 -> 114.3, but we're talking a few mm and some wobble bolts.

I'm not sure on your patterns though as it's a bit more of a jump.

Thats getting a bit far. Have done 114.3 to 120 with pressed in caps into the shank (proper way to do it)

Mmm, did wonder if it was starting to push it. Bit of a bummer as the CH is one if my favourite wheels on the E36. Ah well, cheers Josh

I had wondered this yesterday. Not for this particular wheel or stud pattern but just in general. Surely it would just rely on there being enough material at the 120mm pcd to safely cover the slotting. And the center bore size was rigjt or could be machined right.

It would be wheel dependant?

There's a set of Autostrada Modernas on tm cheap. Wrong pcd and offset which got me thinking.

Could certain models of wheel have another set of holes drilled "in between" the existing, like the "multi fit" aftermarket rims?

Suggest not welding.

Studs are meant for holding the wheel onto the hub. The hub holds the main forces and he studs just make sure the hubs are aligned and held properly.

If you slot correctly you increase the risk of bearing failure (different than your usual definition of bearing), however your studs should not experience that sort of loading to a point where it would make much of a difference.

Slot and treat the edges to remove any potential cracks. Counter sink as required again avoiding knife edging and cracks and it should hold up to a lot bar extreme loads.

Welding does all sorts of unquantifiable changes to the metal spreading even to the hub bearing surfaces so be careful there ..

Hot sleeve the old stud holes maybe ..

On 6/15/2014 at 9:31 AM, hybrid said:

Thats getting a bit far. Have done 114.3 to 120 with pressed in caps into the shank (proper way to do it)

Hey, who can do this job? Thanks