Sign in to follow this  
fred_

2003.5 Tiag E46 M3

Hey Everyone...

Thought I would start a thread for my newly acquired E46 M3.

Back in 2010 I sold my beloved E46 which looked very similar to this. It was tastefully modified with coilovers, Work wheels and various carbon bits. I have come full circle after owning an E90 M3, RS4 and R32. While these cars were a joy to drive, nothing offered the same driving feel to the E46. While it may not be the fastest car, it has a 'special' factor to it and the worldwide E46 community is fantastic.

Forgive the initial iPhone picture. I will do a proper shoot soon.

Lots of goodies on the way from the states! Won't look like this for much longer.

So far I have done the following:

- LED Angel Eyes

- Blackout Grill

- ZHP Gearknob with Alcantara Shift Boot

- AVIN-Avant 2 Head Unit - Comprehensive review to come

IMG_2689.jpg

Edited by leebske
  • Like 3

Saw this at downtown countdown the other day. Looks and sounds good

Looks awesome man .. love the forged 19s

Its certainly how I would do it ... im a slut for silver though :D

I'll be keeping the 19's for sure but I've got some 18" Apex Arc 8's on the way :D

Should look something like this once I'm done...

10390253_10152086253131035_5041204883519

• Like 1

Nice choice. 18s ride better than 19s imo and lighter too

My thoughts exactly!

The Apex wheels have a huge following in the states and are a great wheel for street/track. I'm wrapping them in Michelin Super Sports.

Very nice, am running the Apex EC-7 18inch wheels for track days <3 them with semi slicks :D

Picked up a supersprint race exhaust last night. Have only installed the muffler at the moment and will wait to put on the mid section when my mates hoist is installed.

u2e8y4e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by leebske
  • Like 2

Nice dude ... I love how the final pipes arent these big bean can pipes killing the torque and sound of the i6. EG everything is balanced properly

• Like 1

Thanks guys! The muffler alone is pretty loud! I think the high flow cats and resonator section will eliminate some of the rasp though it will probably sound even louder compared to the stock sections.

I'll upload a little video of the muffler alone when I get home.

Cheers

• Like 1

I got the full system as a package so I thought I'd try it out - Silly not to try make some gains :)

I had the pleasure of seeing this car y'day - It sounds amazing :D Love your plans too, can't wait to see the parts all fitted up!

Thought it was about time for an update given I've made a few changes....

First things first - big thank you to CSET for the splitter and more importantly his help with installation! It ended up being a bit of a mission but we got there in the end! Definitely have a soft spot for your Grey M3! So clean!

On Sunday I took a trip up to see Ray as I had just ordered him an Avin Avant-2 Head Unit identical to the one I recently installed. I will be making a separate thread on this soon with a comprehensive review.

After installing the unit, Ray thought it was only appropriate that we did a shoot given there were 4 x E46 M3's currently in the workshop (2 of his, mine and a customers car).

Excuse the fact mine is dirty! I didn't get a chance to go for a wash given the weather.

OM4_C0103.jpg

OM4_C0115.jpg

OM4_C0114.jpg

OM4_C0121.jpg

Edited by leebske
  • Like 1

Many more shoots to come :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thought it was about time for an update given I've made a few changes....

First things first - big thank you to CSET for the splitter and more importantly his help with installation! It ended up being a bit of a mission but we got there in the end! Definitely have a soft spot for your Grey M3! So clean!

On Sunday I took a trip up to see Ray as I had just ordered him an Avin Avant-2 Head Unit identical to the one I recently installed. I will be making a separate thread on this soon with a comprehensive review.

After installing the unit, Ray thought it was only appropriate that we did a shoot given there were 4 x E46 M3's currently in the workshop (2 of his, mine and a customers car).

Excuse the fact mine is dirty! I didn't get a chance to go for a wash given the weather.

OM4_C0103.jpg

OM4_C0115.jpg

OM4_C0114.jpg

OM4_C0121.jpg

The one with the non-p plate really stands out. So rare to see an M3 with standard plates these days :ph34r:

Funny thing is its a standard configuration (3 letters 3 numbers) but its actually a germanplates euro plate. Its a friends friends car and available for sale. 2003 i believe, jap import sub 100kms and generally pretty tidy.

Funny thing is its a standard configuration (3 letters 3 numbers) but its actually a germanplates euro plate. Its a friends friends car and available for sale. 2003 i believe, jap import sub 100kms and generally pretty tidy.

It's a very clean example - done 78kms when I checked the Odo. Do you know what he's after?

I have a rough idea but i wont say as its not my thing to talk about. (More than 30k for sure though) i think its not "officially" for sale YET!

i can tell my friend to tell the owner uf any1 is interested. Pm me your number and i will forward it on.

Cheers Tristan and Christian!

Was in Parnell this afternoon and bumped into the same E46 part of the photo shoot at Rays last weekend. Ray had mentioned the owner ordered some new wheels and I noticed he's already had them fitted.

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

Edited by leebske
  • Like 1