Sign in to follow this  
bga

E36 Convertible Roof stuck open

Hi all, hoping someone may be able to give me a guide here. My E36 Convertible has been having some interior work done and is currently at a leather repair place, they have had the roof down most of the day to fix the interior and now when trying to put the roof back up the following occurs: The roof cover raises as usual to its usual position then at this point the convertible roof usually starts to raise (while keeping the switch pressed) but there is no sound like the motor running, just nothing happens. When I press the roof button down the cover goes down to about 90% of its usual position, so it sits proud about 6 inches from the rear head rest then the windows start to raise as normal. If its any help to anyone the boot will not open at this point but if I apply a little pressure to the cover I can hear what sounds like central locking kicking in and the boot will then open. I have no idea what is up, I have checked fuse #7 which I have read may be a fuse for the roof but its fine. Anyone got any ideas or can recommend anyone in Auckland who is good around this problem Thanks in advance - Al

Edited by bga

try doing a reset on the system .

manual close the roof ,

should be in your owners manual or google that

then do a reset , push the top close button while turning the key on and hold for 10secs etc

or something like that 'have not done one in a while , i down loaded a full service manual in pdf off the net ages ago on how to repair or sort the roof etc

• Like 1

try doing a reset on the system .

manual close the roof ,

should be in your owners manual or google that

then do a reset , push the top close button while turning the key on and hold for 10secs etc

or something like that 'have not done one in a while , i down loaded a full service manual in pdf off the net ages ago on how to repair or sort the roof etc

Thanks, have found how to manually close it, I'll give it a go later today, bloody thing is not at home so have to go miles to try anything, as soon as its up then I'm all good, cheers

got it closed manually fine thanks, will look at what the problem is at some later date

Edited by bga