Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

1991 E31 850i

I hope you left the traction control on with such unpredictable weather today haha!

Ha! Was a bit slippery in places. Followed a 90s Esprit and brand new looking Evora (?) on the way back. Fun!

• Like 1

Would that be daniels635turbo by any chance? Talk to him on the bimmerfurums and he's a real nice guy. He grew up in my town and has asked repeatedly that I take both my 7's to the Castlecliff Domain and take some pics for him. Gotta wash the 740i first though..lol

Jeff, do you mind if I copy the pic of the 7 and 8 together and post it in my thread on the other site?

Yep, that's the chap. Lives in Penn State now. Turns out we have some mutual friends... Small world!

No probs using pics.

Those Lotus Evoras are nice. Run a Toyota 3.5 V6 NA or Supercharged. Such a great engine for that kinda car. Same motor in the Lexus IS350, Camry 3.5 V6 etc.

Looks a bit like a Toyota too. Definitely Supra-esque.

Posted Image

Nice little parking space at the new pad!

I'd get some of those restaurant windbreak screens that can roll up like this to keep windy debris & side ways rain way from the car, would make a massive difference to your working conditions

deckfull5.jpg

Great idea... Although we are in a rather lovely little gully that has a fantastic micro-climate and virtually no wind!

• Like 1

Your engine bay is stunning. But then it matches the rest of your car.

• Like 1

Subtle add-ons but make such a change, your old signature pic shows that with the absent front lip!

• Like 1

Decided I hate your current plate, you need a black one.. :ph34r:

post-1250-0-91077400-1439103595.jpg

• Like 4

Decided I hate your current plate, you need a black one.. :ph34r:

attachicon.gifjooles 850i black plate.jpg

Hate the blue one on my 750i as well but luv what you've done with that black. Awesome.

Installed a set of (alleged) Schnitzer chips for a friend's 1991 diamond schwarz 850i. Of course, we had to test them and find a nice backdrop for some early evening photos...

20208779193_0a7f54a7bb_c.jpg

20829758865_77224a7246_c.jpg

20641718310_c778e00a97_c.jpg

20643009869_0c5b078486_c.jpg

20641833450_710442f117_c.jpg

20641832920_22649de509_c.jpg

20836861191_2225fc76ae_c.jpg

20829759355_0bd38fd132_c.jpg

• Like 1

Haha, I got really confused by the LHD interior shot for a second. I then realised it was your car AND another one in LHD.

You didn't notice there were two cars in the first pic, Mike?

You didn't notice there were two cars in the first pic, Mike?

I went to the bottom and scrolled up haha, hence the WTF moment. ;)

• Like 2

Drove to Napier and back this weekend - just under 1000kms round trip - and it was an absolute pleasure. So much grip in the twisties it's insane and more than enough power to make the very best of the steep uphill passing lanes between Taupo and Napier. Engine absolutely purred and managed a 12.7L/100 average despite some spirited driving. That may not sound that flash but is pretty amazing compared to the 24L/100 she sits on with my general weekend use!

Unfortunately, the AC compressor developed a death rattle halfway. I'm picking failed clutch bearing as the same thing happened to my old E39. Probably cheaper to replace the unit than repair, so hoping I can find a good used one. It was stinking hot in the Bay, so it was a tad sweaty on the return journey but that's what the big pillarless coupe windows are for. I am deaf now though and my hair looks like Kramer from Seinfeld.

Forgot to take the camera so had to rely on phone pics...

22591915944_35e98bf7c0_c.jpg

22593276373_088661fece_c.jpg

23197804766_994a55db84_c.jpg

23194252196_239f6b9063_c.jpg

22593302283_5f4796502b_c.jpg

• Like 15

good golly thats a good looking car. That height coupled with the lower skirting looks great. Loving the first pic!

• Like 2

Yeah much improved with that front lip extension. They should have all been like that front factory :P

Pretty good economy too. Its nice when big engined cars deliver such.

• Like 1