Sign in to follow this  
handgrenade

Armrest Instl E36 with Smokers Package

Hi All

My E36 M3 Sedan was optioned with a smokers package. I don't use it, in fact the little ashtrays are annoying as I would prefer normal compartments or whatever.

Would there be any trouble installing an armrest? Do I need a special arm rest? Or will any E36 armrest do the job?

Thanks!

any e36 will do , ashtrays can be swapped for open tray things , can help there if needed

Thanks Brent! I have a few things to pick up from you!! I will find an armrest first then hit you up, cheers!

do any of you feel the arm rest gets in the way of driving? I am average height, it just hits my elbows so I pull it high up if I am seriously driving in the mountains but still feels kinda contained in my movements compared to when I dont have arm rest am I missing a tip or something to improve my driving abilities with the arm rest there?

Sit on a cushion or two. Will raise your driving position so your elbow clears the rest. Just remember to tilt your head a little so it doesn't hit the ceiling and leave marks on the headliner :mellow: