Sign in to follow this  
Filth

BMW E39 Aux Cable | Screen Display

Hi Guys,

As per the title, has anyone done this? I have the screen display in my car and wondering how to hook up a AUX cable to play from my iPad?

I tapped in to the tape feed at the back of the head unit. Wires were yellow and blue from memory. Volume level is a bit lower, however that can be boosted with a line driver if your keen. Google e38 aux cables. Think that's how I found it

I tapped in to the tape feed at the back of the head unit. Wires were yellow and blue from memory. Volume level is a bit lower, however that can be boosted with a line driver if your keen. Google e38 aux cables. Think that's how I found it

Did this in my e36, found the quality to not be as good as it sounds like runs though a different amp or filter.... could have just been my wiring however.....

Best bet in my opinion is an Anycar or Grom system. They use the cd changer port, cost about $100 - $150 can get ones that do bluetooth as well.

Plenty of stuff on ebay. I used one from InCarConnections, was like $80

Did this in my e36, found the quality to not be as good as it sounds like runs though a different amp or filter.... could have just been my wiring however.....

Best bet in my opinion is an Anycar or Grom system. They use the cd changer port, cost about $100 - $150 can get ones that do bluetooth as well. 

I primarily listen to Pandora on it. so it's somewhat of a mixed bag. mostly ok, as I usually listen to rap which seems less susceptible to poor quality compared to metal.

Plenty of stuff on ebay. I used one from InCarConnections, was like $80

What's the quality like? Mission to install?

Can't say i had anything to compare it to but it sounded fine to me. Install was easy as its just plug and play and route the aux cable.

I remember something about E39's with 16:9 display having aux cable which you can just buy and plug into the back of monitor.

Grom kit is your best option it plugs into you oe amp box in the left side of your boot.

a cable runs up the side of the car and comes out in your glove box plug your ipod/iphone into it and you get full control on the oe head unit such as track name album name and the ability to skip tracks from your hu.

if you want give me a call at work tomorrow and I can source a kit for you

0800449737 jared

Edited by btccm3