Sign in to follow this  
B.M.W Ltd

My new toy

Very nice indeed. Bring it to the next meet. We can have on site tea and biscuits.

• Like 1

Needs BBS LMs and a drop :P

Looks good though! should be a bit of fun touring around in that.

Needs solar & a LPG or diesel heater :P and a few other changes to suit our needs

Needs BBS LMs and a drop :P

Looks good though! should be a bit of fun touring around in that.

Yes it should be... the Little Girls car is now seriously for sale too... a change in interests for me

Always thought about selling our holiday house and buying one of these. Love the idea of parking up in the middle of nowhere.

Love the idea of parking up in the middle of nowhere.

Exactly... this m/home is mint & unmolested by others with screw drivers and duct tape. Serious solar power, batteries, heater etc are going to be installed with a furniture and squab upgrade. A new 22" HD DVD TV and sat aerial with sky have only just been installed. I had it checked by VANCO in Takanini yesterday before buying and Rob said it was one of the very best he has seen for this model. They will be doing some of the mods for me. I'll handle alot myself with my experience with electronics and marine electronic and appliance applications.

BTW> To Ron 3pedals...... I love my new "slug"... with the tiptronic, turbo diesel it's quite quick 0-100kph. I'll time it when I pick it up. Takanini - One Tree Hill I held up no one...even through the back road with hills, and I got a ticket for speeding.

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

^^^^ :) As I have said before - there are situations for slush boxes.

Nice score Glenn. Would have thought though, your experience would cover all the mods being done yourself :o

Nice score Glenn. Would have thought though, your experience would cover all the mods being done yourself :o

I will be Grant, but the interior layout changes will be getting done by Vanco ie: Cabinetry and rear lounge area and squabs. We are going to remove the 240 volt AC / heat pump from the roof and replace it with a roof vent to give us more room for solar power as I'm not one wanting to plug in to motor camps all the time. Just need to get the new solar power, deep cycle batteries, LPG heater and reversing camera sorted. And surround sound for the TV. Service everything and I'm off. You won't find me on the weekends. Sorting the solar requirements takes a bit of maths to work out needs + 25-50% and measurements to work out what can fit where. The shopping list keeps getting longer too. Will try and have it all sorted for a NZMCA meeting out at Hampton Downs at the end of July.

Love the idea of parking up in the middle of nowhere.

I have heard that Kiwis are starting to use Mobile Homes for P-Labs. :ph34r: Apparently they got the idea from Breaking Bad...

You'll love it Glenn - my wife and I purchased a VW LT46 chassis one of these 2 yrs ago - with being self employed like you, we find it great after a shitty week, jump in Friday night, point it in 'X' direction and park when tired.

What we do is empty the waste and refill the tanks ( water, diesel, LPG etc ) on the way home BEFORE we park it up, so that it is ALWAYS ready to go for the next trip. Buy some clothes that stay in the camper, along with tinned food, bottle of whiskey etc, all you need to take then is fresh meat and some cold beers :)

Join the NZMCA too for lots of free places to camp.

Edited by camera doctor

Join the NZMCA too for lots of free places to camp.

Done that Greg ... been a member for 4 months now. I also agree with what you say, except you forgot the surf casting rod and the inflatable with the 5hp Yamaha, the portable smoker and the BBQ :P