Sign in to follow this  
ZK-SAM

E36 323i Straight pipe (Muffler delete)

Hi everyone,

I'm after a straight pipe for my e36 323i. Has any one got one they don't want? Or able to make one?
I'm just after a fitment that attaches to the standard mid pipe and that deletes the muffler.

I also have a Remus exhaust i'd be willing to sell if I did happen to get straight pipes

Edited by ZK-SAM

Or anyone know where I can get one made? I'm getting real steep quotes from most places I've tried

How expensive would it be at pitstop or woolf mufflers to just cut and weld straight pipes? Cant be more than like 200

Canterbury tho...

Pitstop i guess is your best option, just say 150 cash ;)

Yeeeah, I want to get a flange made so I can chop and change, just in case I do get sick of it as well.
Is anyone running straight pipes with the standard mid pipes on here? Keen to hear what it sounds like

Ive got a complete 323 decat with coby resonator fitted with no muffler as it has cracked off at welds but it can easy be weld back on or replace with after market

Can post pics

Hey man, Any chance you can post pics? Does the computer sh*t bricks with the missing cats?

Just put a sports muffler on the back, straight pipes will sound terrible...

• Like 1

+1 on that, straight pipes sound like your thrashing the engine 24/7

No run quite well its dark but ill take some anyway

Would be very nice with a remus muffler

Hey mate I'l hold fire on that, thanks anyway

Just put a sports muffler on the back, straight pipes will sound terrible...

Yeah, I've got a Remus muffler on at the moment and I'm pretty disappointed with it. The difference between it and the standard is pretty slim.

Thought about removing the middle resonator?

Also if you delete the H pipe balancer in the mid section with straight pipe that will make it very different, give that a go first with the Remus.

Thought about removing the middle resonator?

Also if you delete the H pipe balancer in the mid section with straight pipe that will make it very different, give that a go first with the Remus.

That's the rear box on the mid section? The first box where the pipes merge into one is the cat right?

To noob to figure out how to post a photo

Oh you have the single type system? That is prob why it is quiet. Usually going into a single makes it way quieter. I think thats stock on 323i models.

Best case would be to try make it dual, with a used 328i system, and delete the balancing pipe, it will make it louder and more grunty.

Does your Remus have dual in dual out configuration?

Oh you have the single type system? That is prob why it is quiet. Usually going into a single makes it way quieter. I think thats stock on 323i models.

Best case would be to try make it dual, with a used 328i system, and delete the balancing pipe, it will make it louder and more grunty.

Does your Remus have dual in dual out configuration?

Yep, Just got the standard 323i single pipe. Looks real restrictive. Would be keen to put the 328i system on, only issue is my Remus single in, dual out.

I have no doubt that the twin pipes would add a fair amount of power.