Sign in to follow this  
handgrenade

EOI: NEW BOX - USA BMW PERFORMANCE PARTS DEALERS - GROUP SHIPPING (pre

UPDATED: I've split the shipment because of some delays with some out of stock parts, which means that there will be a second box for stuff!!

So again, if anyone is interested, please drop me a PM. Some people have already received some parts as they wanted to pay a little more for air freight (just a set of head studs), and all the springs should be on their way via sea (damn boats!)

Cheers!!

Anyone browsed the UUC website and dreamed of a wishlist, only to have their dreams crushed by the shipping costs?

Well have no fear, I am ordering something of significant size from UUC (maybe, probably, definitely) and organising some tricky shipment by ocean. There will be a bit of a wait for the parts (potentially 6-8 weeks), but at least you won't be paying more in shipping than the actual part you ordered!! Plus, you get some breathing room to save and pay off that credit card/mortgage/buying-your-left-kidney-back.

Check out their products here:

http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/uuc/articles/main.htm

Prime time to order things like brake rotors and other silly heavy things. Let me know what takes your fancy and I will see what the all up price will be factoring in the fraction of shipping, handling, customs (special deal with customs) and then delivery right to your door!

Thanks!

UPDATE: ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED. DUE TO STOCK REQUIREMENTS, WE STILL HAVE TIME TO ADD PARTS TO THE ORDER IF THE PART IS IN STOCK. SEND ME A PM!!!

Update 2: Can source from other suppliers potentially! Give it a shot! Ask for quote

HAMMER HAS BEEN DROPPED!

Order has been placed. But there is a final call. Due to getting all the stock together and logistics, I can still add parts to the order for approximately another 14 days (if your part is in stock of course). So ... if anyone had any hesitation thinking I wasn't going ahead with it, you can be assured that a big box is coming this way with a lot of fine goods and its your chance to jump on the wagon!

Anything heavy .. brake rotors, springs, etc, you want to pick up now!

Example: factory floating OEM rotors will run you $700NZD for a front pair locally

One piece plain rotors (generic brand) will run you $330NZD for a front pair locally not including shipping

One piece slotted or drilled rotors from UUC will be $370NZD including shipping to your door.

Don't get me started on H&R springs .. I talked to various H&R distributors in NZ, it would take 7-8 months to get them shipped from Germany for a M series car just because they don't hold stock. I can get springs into NZ and on your doorstep from $420-$450NZD in 6-8 weeks.

Edited by handgrenade

Righto. No problems! Anyone else?! I'll keep this open for a little while but I want my bits too so don't want to wait too long!!

I'd be keen on a set of HnR springs, stainless brake and clutch line and clutch delay delete valve. Pity they don't do proper floating brake rotors or would of got them too. How do I go about ordering these?

hey mate, PM me the links to the items you'd like and i will let you know the price incl the appropriate fraction of the shipping cost.

then we'll do some sort of deposit system (just to protect me if you dont mind .. dw amber and many others on the forum will track me down and kneecap me if i screw anyone around !! I'm usually at most if not all meets since I got the bmw.

then I will pay for the parts and then when they arrive, I will route them to you. Of course since youre in dunners, there will be additional shipping charge from the box of stuff arriving at my doorstep to forward the parts to you, but when it comes to heavy bulky things like springs, it will be much cheaper than ordering from UUC yourself!!

Oh and also .. I will look into some of the rotors I can get my hands on ............ are you after OEM floating or are you after cross drilled or slotted etc?

Cheers

• Like 1

Just after the oem ones really, fronts and rears are getting down. Can get cheap shipping from you to me easy enough.

Will Pm links now. Cheers

Oh and remember customs charges .... They're a bitxh to say the least!

I'd be keen on a set of HnR springs, stainless brake and clutch line and clutch delay delete valve. Pity they don't do proper floating brake rotors or would of got them too. How do I go about ordering these?

Not to talk you out of buying goodies... and I dunno how different yours is to mine, but on the E39 to delete the clutch delay valve, I just removed the valve entirely, and very slightly rebent the coiled hard-line to go directly into the fitting, instead of the valve.

Yea I've read conflicting arguments about this. some say you have to replace it with something otherwise the two ends won't match up without it, and then others say the opposite and have just done what you have. So thought I'd might aswell order one haha.

Also I missed that off my list ken

Link here http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/mobile/unlock-valvecdvclutch-delay-valve-delete-kit-p1381.aspx

Whats the difference between h&r sport and oe sport? Looking at grabbing a set if theres still room :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

From what the description is, the H&R sport is stiffer and ride height will drop 25-30mm

The H&R OE is pretty much the standard spring rates and a slight drop of maybe 15mm, very slight.

There should still be room!

PM me the link to what you would like and we'll work from there

Cheers

Yea I've read conflicting arguments about this. some say you have to replace it with something otherwise the two ends won't match up without it, and then others say the opposite and have just done what you have. So thought I'd might aswell order one haha.

Also I missed that off my list ken

Link here http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/mobile/unlock-valvecdvclutch-delay-valve-delete-kit-p1381.aspx

For $30ish even I bought one!

Bear in mind customs charges are terrible to deal with .. so I will facilitate all of that .. even delivery to your door NZ wide, so just one fixed price and you'll have your UUC parts in 6-8 weeks. Just think about the money you could save in 2 months that you would spend on your car and have a look at all the goodies on the UUC site.

Will probably close this and get the process started early next week, as people who have already PM'd me for parts will want them ASAP!

Ocean shipping sucks, but beats the $400-500USD shipping that UUC offer. Will try air shipment, but with the amount of parts .. we're getting heavy!

For $30ish even I bought one!

Yea I thought for 30 why not haha

Haha yeah I bought a big boy clutch stop as well .. But with my clutch travel it won't work lol

orders flying in!!

turning into a large group buy!!!!!!! when the package arrives id be tempted to KEEP IT ALL!

just kidding. thanks for everyones interest. it is a mission organising it all but the end result is that you can get proper BMW specific parts and save on the previously kidney-selling shipping costs. the waiting time is going to be the toughest part. but anything good is worth waiting for!!

6-8 weeks from when we close this order. EVERYONE be aware of that timeframe. Boats do not go fast. /sadface

That's all good. Might get to squeeze a vanos repair in between

That's all good. Might get to squeeze a vanos repair in between

yep! i have ray standing by for my vanos maintenance so will try get that done while we wait!!

So just to be clear, you're organising your own shipping via a freight forwarder? Is there any room for items to be compiled in the shipment from another US supplier?

Probably a dumb question I know. Good opportunity to get a bunch of folk in it together to spread shipping cost though.

it is possible, what were you looking for? I can see what I can do, but yes you are right, I am organising sea freight from UUC so far, not sure about other companies, but it may be an option if you want something in particular.

Let me know the link to the product you want and I will look into it. There could be additional charges due to domestic shipping to the ports etc . and further coordination with when the shipment will go out etc.

PM me and we'll go from there !!

oh also along with the combined shipping there is customs to deal with which includes even more costs which i have some agreement with, but if you look up the custom calculator, the customs charges for imports are nuts. check it. for reals, it almost doubles the cost sometimes. can get it in cheaper.

When are you closing the orders? Stikl deciding haha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk