Sign in to follow this  
Haitoman

Cat claws...grrr

Went out to clean the M3 in the sun today. Neighbours cat has been sleeping on the bonnet and has left scratches where it jumps up. Will these polish out? Also notice some bird crap has badly eaten the clearkote in one spot....can't win.

If you can't feel the scratches under your fingernails they will buff out.

I would stick with products designed for paint. meguires scratchx is good

I would stick with products designed for paint. meguires scratchx is good

I have some. Should I use it with a polisher or by hand?

Once you are able to delete the scratches (hopefully) then delete the cat. One thing that gives me the screamers is cats climbing on cars!

Next it will be p###ing down the vents.

Once you are able to delete the scratches (hopefully) then delete the cat. One thing that gives me the screamers is cats climbing on cars!

Next it will be p###ing down the vents.

Don't even joke. I've been up all night (it's now 3.45am) trying to think of a way to stop it. I can't believe I've lost sleep over a stupid cat.

Im so glad my cat doesnt climb. Worst it ever did was sit under my car when it was on axle stands and took a dump because it was out of the rain. Luckily i saw it next morn before i got under the car

Your problem can be fixed by lead treatment. You carefully place a piece of lead between the cats eyes. Ummm make sure you do it at high velocity.

• Like 1

Leave the cats alone! They're just looking for a warm bed at night and a car stays nice and toastie for quite a while! Lots of (very cool) cats in our neighbourhood and no garage so whenever my car is left overnight at home (instead of carpark at work) I put a car cover on it. Also good for bird sh*t, falling twigs, etc.

call garath morgan

• Like 1

Well the ScratchX seems to have done the trick and it looks a lot better. Now after a bit of polish and wax it looks like I have just had a new panel fitted. Guess I have to do the whole car now.