Sign in to follow this  
B.M.W Ltd

BMW Airbag Recall

I had this done yesterday. They scanned my key and told me it was the 'Airbag control module' service bulitin. (Not an actual airbag).

320d booked into CJ in Hamilton for Thursday.

Apparently they'll groom the car too. Hmm. They've not seen it, yet!

Sorted. Aside from the fact the car is now much cleaner, you'd not know they'd been anything.

Eight months on I receive a letter in the mail from BMW group Replace the front passengers airbag module 0072410100 please arrange with dealer to have undertaken.Is this the same recall or a different one?. It states that dealers have been informed of this measure urrr- how long ago. As Grays sure didn't seem to know much 8 months ago they took my details and said they would forward them on to BMW group.

Yes it is the same.

There are literally millions of vehicle in this recall. They have to stage it, and it's not up to the local dealer to dictate the order.

Thanks is that world wide or just in NZ and not limited to b's

Edited by tim 325

(NZ new) So do I just sit back and wait for the letter and hope I don't get a shard facial?Or do I need to be proactive?

I have two others in my family which are imports?!?!?

Is it a big job?

Cheers.

Be proactive about it. To be honest this whole recall thing is a bit of a farce. I got the letter on mine yesterday but my airbag was replaced last year!! Not very good paper work keeping if that is the case or there is another airbag being recalled.

The job takes 5 minutes. Passenger trim out, screw out lift passenger airbag dash cover, unbolt two nuts that hold the bag in remove plastic tamper clip, new bag in and new nuts and clip and reverse of removal done. You don't even need to disconnect the battery to do it.

Edited by M3_Power