Sign in to follow this  
BMWTouring

E36 manual conversion - CHEAP

After a CHEAP E36 manual conversion kit to suit 318is Sedan.

All the kits on trade me seem very expensive considering these cars are now worth next to nothing.

Cheers

whats your budget,

will you be doing the work yourself?

I have been quoted anywhre from $1200 - $1500 @ Auck...thats supposed to be the best conversion. I feel you though, Wish it was 1/3 of the costs.

Edited by Dr. Jekyll

E36s are at the age where they are both well and truely cheap enough for enthusiests and boy racers alike that prefer a manual box, and at the age where the automatics are well past useby date anyways. thats why the price is high.

They are still cheaper than E30 conversions. You can buy whole auto E30s for less than half the cost of a manual swap lol

Yeah, I only paid $750 for the car and the auto is fine.

I'd pay $1200 if someone else was going to do the conversion!!

• Like 1

Nice, i paid a $1000 for mine in the condition it's in and its a factory 5spd... the only reason im doing the engine transplant is cos i got the M52B28 for $800 too. The first car in my life that would actually make me money if i sold it...

Not going to though, cos it's also the first time in my life that i've been able to have a daily driver and a toy that i am not paying off so it's geting the royal treatment, new everything!