Sign in to follow this  
rowans17

Anyone want to buy a Honda?

Hey guys! Shameless plug for a friend of mine selling his car.

10LxppNl.jpg

Its an 05 Integra Type R. Rare car and a mint example, friend of mine imported it from Japan but is now regretfully needing to sell so he has to cash to finish his Lotus Seven project .

Sorry i know this doesn't really have a place on Bimmersport but Type R's are a great drivers car, hoping someone might know someone who could be interested. :D

Tell your friends!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=760439039

Auction starting at 16.5K

Cheers

Edited by SN1TZR

Price would be good and more details

Apologies, OP updated. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=760439039 Auction starting at 16.5k.

2L VTEC

138,000kms,

Reg till September Wof till next year

More details and pictures on TM auction

Sorry guys.

I drove a 2-door Integra(? May have been an Accord?) with the 3.0 VTEC engine and a manual 'box (conversion - the autos apparently get a bit suspect quite quickly). It was a lot of fun, but always felt a bit 'made of paper'.

I was stepping into it from a 1988 Mercedes 560SEC, which may have had something to do with it.

theres a guy on RCIS facebook page who is fitting a NSX engine into the rear of an integra.

Now that would be a honda i'd own.

Also i would be partial to a eg civic hatch with a h22a and bseries gearbox ..

sorry off topic.

can be nice quick cars. but a completely different driving experience than european counterparts.

geesus... nxs into integra? that would be hideous..

just stick with k20 and k24 upgrades if anything. leave nsx alone !

:lol: 16K for a FWD 2L Honda!

If this was an NSX or S2000...Would be something I would understand...but a 4 banger front wheel drive...Integra..I never got it.. You could get a nice M3 for that much.....i forbid you dude, you cant be friends with your other honda friend no more...

Would love to know where you plan on finding an 05 m3 for 16k

Unless of course you are comparing a car that is 14 years older than this one? in which case its really apples and oranges.

I love bmws as much as anyone else but some people need to get.off their high horse and realise that bmws arent the pinacle of motoring.

This is a for sale thread. If you arent buying or being constructive then dont comment. Nzhondas.co.nz love trolls so plenty of room over there.

• Like 2

2 of my friends had Integras in uni. I have had 4th gen Preludes in school, Another guy I knew used to drive 5th Gen Prelude.

All 4 pot front wheel drive. they handle good for a FWD, but at nothing like a BMW/RWD. I'd pick a 20 year old 318is over it. or a 328ti. At that price its not a question. :D Hopefully Honda stops with the FWD "Sports Car" idea and starts making RWD integras.

Sorry OP, I love hondas in their own right (a lot of people just hate the brand as soon as they hear it) but when I see a FWD commanding this kinda of money I being a bmw nut have to come out of the closet and talk about old m3's.

Owned 5th gen Prelude Type-S, An Integra Type R, A Euro R and various other non-R Hondas.... and i currently own an M3 in that price range. Apples and sausages, cant even compare them. Honda is FAR easier than an old BMW to live with daily and a type R will out handle, and likely out drive any BMW you can buy for 16K. You dont like FWD Hondas? Thats your loss, but dont go rubbishing them without knowing what youre talking about.

To the OP, good luck with the sale. Its well priced for a tidy facelift, especially in something other than white. Shouldnt take long to shift.

Edited by KwS
  • Like 3

A quick bit of number crunching tells me the Type-R offers 7.18kg/kW (1179kg - 164kW), the E46 M3 6.05kg/kW (1549kg - 256kW).

Yes the M3 will probably embarrass the Honda in real world scenarios, but given the same year and similar mileage the Honda comes in at nearly 15k cheaper.

Same price bracket puts you in E36 territory, with 6.95kg/kW ( 1460kg - 210kW)

Given the same budget I'd rather own the E36, have done the FWD Jap pocket rocket thing in the past but I now prefer RWD. No reason to go prattling crap about other peoples choices.

Sigh.

My friend has a year 2000 dc2 type r. Worth around 8-10k and compared to my 2002 e46 330, it was about the same 0-100kmh acceleration but on corners would eat me alive. Damn thoses cars.. the more u floor it the better the grip. Logic?? Fk it

type r's are stupidly awesome.

It is impossible to not have a massive grin on your face when you hit VTEC and rev the f**ker out to 8.5k.

Rwd might be superior but bear in mind the 328i is an fat executive car made sporty. The itr is purely made for handling.

Fwd sounds wrong but it works.

Just like a rear engined 911

I wonder if some people have driven a type r in anger or are making blind assumptions

• Like 1

:lol: 16K for a FWD 2L Honda!

IYou could get a nice M3 for that much.....

but I wouldn't go around comparing the Preludes and Integras with m3's.....

Actually you were the first person to compare it to an m3.

• Like 1

Sorry kid, real world experience trumps your bandwagon hearsay. Try driving a real Type R as it should be driven (hammer down, quickly, around corners) and then your opinion might mean something. Any non Type R is irrelevant and cannot be compared to a Type R, they are in no way the same.

I thought my first car was the bees knees too, so dont worry, you arent the only one but you do eventually get over that when you start to drive real cars.

A vtec lotus would.totally smash an m3....

:lol::lol:

• Like 1

dc2 integra type r would be similar to a 328i e36 manual in terms of straight line acceleration but definately not in the corners regardless of suspension refresh or whatever.

dc5 integra type r would be similar to a e46 m3 and would still be better on corners and track (IMO)

you cant really compare s2k with type r integras or civics because its just a totally different car dynamically. fwd vs rwd.

nsx i have no idea never driven one, have seen one as mate had one ages ago but thats about it.

end of the day, real world evidence tells us that an integra type r dc2 or dc5 would out do an m3 from the same era.

(ps. dc2 is from like 1991-2000 like e36 1990-1999? and dc5 is from like 2000-2006 like e46.. dont quote me on this but im pretty sure its about right)

Jesus christ I do not need this sh*t first thing in the morning, I have better things to do than clean up a thread.

OP Good luck selling your Honda, everyone else has recieved a whack with the warning stick for being dicks.

• Like 2

Hey guys! Shameless plug for a friend of mine selling his car.

regretfully needing to sell so he has to cash to finish his Lotus Seven project .

Thanks Ash, much better :)

SN1TZR, any dirt on the Lotus project? Closest I've ever gotten to one was watching a Caterham Seven at a gymkhana a while back, Christ it was rapid! Agile too!

Keen to learn more if you've got any info to share :)

Thanks Ash, much better :)

SN1TZR, any dirt on the Lotus project? Closest I've ever gotten to one was watching a Caterham Seven at a gymkhana a while back, Christ it was rapid! Agile too!

Keen to learn more if you've got any info to share :)

s0seuAol.jpg

Plenty, this is what it looked like in 2011. All the evidence points to it being a genuine S3 Lotus Seven however no paperwork and no Lotus plate (often taken off for racing).

94LgDXVl.jpg

Was pretty rough had been stored in a shed for about 10 years. My friend Harry has given it a complete and thorough rebuild over the past (almost) 3 years. Replacing all the body panels, repairing the chassis, new suspension etc. The 1600 Ford Crossflow engine has been fully rebuilt with a hotted up racing cam and rebuilt gearbox.

He's taken his time and done a really thorough rebuild to keep things looking authentic. Project is nearing completion (finally) but funding has run out so he's having to sell some of the other toys.

EZ7NIQTl.jpgkDNcgNIl.jpg

He's currently up to fitting all the gauges and electrics and bits and pieces so not far off!

19bgxj7l.jpg

Hopefully he will have it ready for summer so he can come with me to the track (in my m3 - which is next on my list)

Has been a really exciting (and frustrating and expensive) project for him but should be an epic wee car once its ready.

Thats awesome. Theres a couple around Wellington, always wanted to drive one as i can imagine its an amazing amount of fun.