Sign in to follow this  
MoJoJoe

3 spoke vs 4 spoke steering wheel

I have a 4 spoke srs wheel on my 328i, ever since I got the car it felt not as comfortable or sharp as my 318is. So I finally decided to swap out the non airbag 3 spoke steering wheel from my 1992 318is into my 328is, I cant tell if its slightly smaller but had to ask, anybody here prefer the 3 spoke over the 4? does it handle better/feels better overall?

• Like 1

I swapped my 385mm wheel out for a tech2 15mm smaller. It's sharper but not overly, just the reduction in diameter affecting the turn radius. Not by much but it was noticeable initially.

How much was your wheel?

I just mesured and both wheels are about the same size, only difference is the weight.

The one from the 318Is is 3 spoke and lighter then the one from the 4 spoke one from the 328i. I guess I'll feel nicer with the 3 spoke then the 4. :P

I paid $170. Its reasonable condition with a little leather wear at 12 o'clock. I dont know if they're a rarity in NZ. From what ive read the 370mm variety is scarce elsewhere.

They just look right. the size cuts off the view of the speedo though.

Surely the biggest difference you'll find will be the speed with which the Wof man denies you a wof?

• Like 1

Might have a tech 1 steering wheel available to fit an e30 - larger of the 2 sizes I think (385 vs 370?). Not sure what it's worth.