Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Importing from Japan

Anyone here done this? Can anyone recommend a carrier/handler or website?

Thanks in advance.

I had briefly looked into it in the past. There's no avoiding a middle-man and their cut. Something like beforward.jp is helpful for pricing things up. I've never used the service or gone down this path though.

It boils down to relying on professional services doing everything right so you get what you're expecting. Mostly around the vehicle inspection itself I had figured, everything else is paperwork.

Good luck.

JPC-Trade or Tradecarview are handy.

Helps to know people directly in the Japanese trading otherwise it can be a bit fiddly if you havent done it but not that bad.

Thought you were a NZ new man Clinton?

I have bought in a couple but were several years back. My E39 & a Terrano. Used Kiwi Car Carriers then

Hey Clinton

Best company I have used is http://www.jpctrade.com/ They have an Australian on staff called Lachlan who is good to work with. Website explains it well. For shipping, Autohub charge $2k door to door but I would talk to McCullough Shipping.

Beware of the Euro 4 compliance issues !!! as a friend got caught out recently bringing in a 06 mini which was stamped Euro 3 by Japan BMW. Make sure the model number has the first 3 letters like ABA-HL48 as opposed to 2 letter like GH-HL48. 3 letter cars comply but 2 letter numbers are likely to be Euro 3. Tell McCullough Shipping the VIN number and they will check the Japan database to advise you if you have a compliance issue.

Cheers

Ron

I imported my E36 318 from here Tau years ago, dad just imported his E60 550i from there, it's mint! Plus he's imported a few others, mum's current car, and a bunch of her old cars

What are you looking at importing? The country is currently flooded with unsold jap imports and some dealers are starting to sweat and will be keen to liquidate stock. Margins dealers make nowadays are small. I think you could buy what you want just as cheap from a dealer here, get it now and get coverage under the CGA...

Edited by Crockett

Sick of the vulva already?

a man who is sick of the vulva is surely tired.

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 1

a man who is sick of the vulva is surely tired.

Or homosexual haha!