Sign in to follow this  
Haitoman

Dang I love my M3

Even after 2 years in the E46 M3 it still amazes me how good it really is in the handling department. The wind was gusting 130km/hr today around Wellington and the M3 was solid on the road. Not even a hint of being blown around on a 100km round trip...and talk about a grand exhaust note in the Mt Vic tunnel. Had to share....

• Like 1

Ah, I love the Mt Vic tunnel.

Did you slow down to open up a bit of space, and nail it? The sound bouncing around the tunnel walls always puts a smile on my face....

Ah, I love the Mt Vic tunnel.

Did you slow down to open up a bit of space, and nail it? The sound bouncing around the tunnel walls always puts a smile on my face....

That's exactly what I did...the space closed pretty quick though :-)

That's exactly what I did...the space closed pretty quick though :-)

Too quick, I wish we have kilometers long tunnels. Sunday drive would be up and down these tunnels all day long.

130kph is too fast. Some policemen will come then you might go to jail and then a nice big man might want to...

me thinks he was doing the speed limit, the wind didn't play ball and went 30kph over the limit. the cops ought to book the wind.

me thinks he was doing the speed limit, the wind didn't play ball and went 30kph over the limit. the cops ought to book the wind.

Lol. Might try that excuse next time myself.

Was driving through a longish tunnel near the City of London many years ago with the sunroof open and was passed by the roar of a V12 and flat 12 of a Lamborghini and Ferrari having their own little race. Still remember the glorious sounds !

Was driving through a longish tunnel near the City of London many years ago with the sunroof open and was passed by the roar of a V12 and flat 12 of a Lamborghini and Ferrari having their own little race. Still remember the glorious sounds !

That's it. We need more tunnels!!

Someone else can supply the Lambos and F-cars.

I think he meant the wind was a 130km/h not his speed :P

• Like 1

I prefer the sound of the terrace runnel to the mt vic TBH. Have done many the tunnel pull in the M3, so good.

Accelerating next to low concrete walls in the open are much better than tunnels that just make a real mess of the noise.

tunnels make good exhaust noises, all i can hear next to low walls is intake noise (which also sounds great).