Sign in to follow this  
roo

540i Pricing - E34 v E39

um... after a morning of intensive research into the subject of what constitutes a classic car, it appears that I have been sailing along under a misperception...the E34 is not a classic and not likely to be one any time soon...dang and blast it all

Edited by michhod

um... after a morning of intensive research into the subject of what constitutes a classic car, it appears that I have been sailing along under a misperception...the E34 is not a classic and not likely to be one any time soon...dang and blast it all

Nearly impossible to find any useful information from the LTSANZVTNZ or whatever the hell they call themselves now.

Classic Car Magazine is about the only people that seem to know, even the AA couldn't tell me!

i think the 20 yr comes from the twenty year rule to import cars that dont fulfil frontal impact rules etc.That e34 in the first post is nothing special imho low miles tho."special e34" are 535is,540is or M5.I do like my E34s tho.

A classic is determined by time, be it 20 years 30 I don't actually know the the time frame, but a car that has as good a chassis as the E36 and has very nice lines especially in Coupe form will be a classic in my books. Its like XA and XB falcons, when I grew up they were a dime a dozen , now even a stock 6 cyl gets mega attention on Tard Me. In 10 years time Decent E36's will be hard to find, same with any car as it ages, more break down and end up around power poles. Just my .02, but I'm buying now before they really start climbing off the bottom of their depreciation curve I personally don't think good examples will get any cheaper.

I have looked at both on Tard Me and I saw yours up close KwS, very nice indeed. Still as a small business owner I have to plow my cash back into buying stock at present.

Did you go and have a look at that Charles? I was tempted however I already have 4 cars and silver is the most boring colour ever IMO.

Did you go and have a look at that Charles? I was tempted however I already have 4 cars and silver is the most boring colour ever IMO.

Naa i was too lazy to look, so was going buy sight unseen, but wouldn't have paid much more for it anyway due to not seeing it