Sign in to follow this  
jwde30

Scored myself a cougar.

I've wanted an E9 for as long as I can remember. They are such an important car in the history and story line of BMW. Their success in touring car racing in Europe in the 70's is nothing short of astronomical. All whilst being one of the best looking cars the company has ever produced. Several have come up on Trademe for sale in the last few years but the timing and budget have never quite married up. About 6 weeks ago I decided to bite the bullet and fly down to Christchurch and have a look at one that was for sale down there. Needless to say the car was exceptional, a few issues but in the whole exactly what I was after. So a week later it arrived at work on the back of a truck. Its a 1973 3.0 CS left hand drive in automatic, malaga red with tan leather interior. Sold new in Germany it was imported to Japan where it had a minor restoration and then to New Zealand about 18 months ago. Its going to be a slow process as i still have my E30 I need to sell before i can really start doing anything to it but at least its a start. I've played around with my set of BBS RS off my E30 and cant wait to rebuild them into appropriate sizes and get them on. Also bring the car down to earth a wee bit.

post-6536-0-45895900-1407553832.jpg

post-6536-0-13400900-1407553845.jpg

post-6536-0-00160100-1407553863.jpg

post-6536-0-38346100-1407553873.jpg

post-6536-0-83115600-1407553890.jpg

post-6536-0-69321800-1407553909.jpg

post-6536-0-25158300-1407553998.jpg

• Like 14

is that your house in the background? cuz the car fits in perfectly!

awesome score!

• Like 1

Mmmmmmmmmm

• Like 1

Seriously nice car !

One of my all time fav BMW models.

Love it. Keep us all posted with pictures and info of this beauty. What a mean score.

Thanks guys!!. Yea I will keep everyone updated with whats happening with it. The progress isnt going to be very fast though haha

Fantastic car, you must be stoked. Please don't follow this suggestion:

A bit more low is good but that linked one looks ridiculous IMO.

Its not going to be on air but its still going to be pretty low!!

2nd to last pic is the one - great lines

Very Jealous :)

How's the 2jz conversion going? Can't believe your going to do that to such a classic, Make sure you use k&n pod though

Thinking about putting the biggest k&n on it I can find ay. I want some serious power!

• Like 1

I think to put air in a car like this in NZ is ludicrous. Maybe if you were in america and europe you could get away with it but even then, to me it would ruin such a classic. You were at the villigrad meet a couple weekends ago? Mint looking car!

Haha yea it is a wind up!! inside joke.

Oh, thank god for that!

Was making me feel sad at a cellular level! Looks like it's in great shape, mind if I ask what it cost you?

Haha yea it certainly would piss a few people off. I wouldn't mind building a stroked M30 or M106 for it one day. For what it is and what they are worth in the states I got it pretty cheap.

• Like 1

Your lawn is always immaculate. Props

:D

• Like 1