Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

Rare! E38 750iL 1 NZ Owner

Yeah i don't think 14k is a realistic figure for one these.

Yeah i don't think 14k is a realistic figure for one these.

They are when they're NZ New with only one NZ owner, it is very rare to get a 750iL NZ New. Only a handful would have ever been sold, it's also in flawless condition by the looks of it. Almost showroom condition.

Maybe to some but 7 series aren't exactly easy to sell and i dont see that one selling in a hurry. You can pickup a very tidy 740i for 1\2 that price.

Neighbor has a black one for the cross country drives, I've never driven one but I imagine they'd be a good choice on a decent long trip. The AC Schnitzer variant just transforms these into a sweet looking car IMO.

A little too much money but a hell of a lot of car for 14K.

I may know this car, if it is the one i think it is, it was garaged on a commercial property all its life and only used occasionally, it will be as mint as they get and has probably never been over 100km/h. If its this car i am also quite sad to hear the owner passed away as i worked for him for several years.

Maybe to some but 7 series aren't exactly easy to sell and i dont see that one selling in a hurry. You can pickup a very tidy 740i for 1\2 that price.

A V12 750iL is a completely different vehicle to the 740i. That's like comparing Apples to oranges. The fact that it's a 1 owner NZ New 750iL makes it rare, that was the point of discussion here.

I'd consider paying 14k for a mint 750i which would be very rare. But NZ new or not 10k would be as much as I'd pay for a screaming mint il which isn't that rare in NZ. Nice ones pop up on Trademe all the time for less than 8k.

Edited by kulgan

A V12 750iL is a completely different vehicle to the 740i. That's like comparing Apples to oranges. The fact that it's a 1 owner NZ New 750iL makes it rare, that was the point of discussion here.

So how exactly is a 740i completely different 750i? Ones just a higher spec'd version with more features and extra cylinders.

My original point was its pricing which most people would agree on, maybe he's flexible on price i dont know. Its one of those cases where someone is selling a good example in the hope someone who really likes\wants a one doesn't care about paying more for it.

As above 750iL's themselves aren't that rare or that sort after, that's a fact and the reason why i commented in the first place.

Nice car, but there's no market for V12 iL's, especially at that price.

So how exactly is a 740i completely different 750i? Ones just a higher spec'd version with more features and extra cylinders.

My original point was its pricing which most people would agree on, maybe he's flexible on price i dont know. Its one of those cases where someone is selling a good example in the hope someone who really likes\wants a one doesn't care about paying more for it.

As above 750iL's themselves aren't that rare or that sort after, that's a fact and the reason why i commented in the first place.

A 750iL isn't rare? You've got to be kidding with that statement. There's usually only 1 or 2 available for sale at any given time in the country. They most definitely are rare when you compare it to anything less than a V12 7 Series. Also they are very very different to the 740i. The 750iL not only has a completely different engine but also the interior comes with every extra including a fully leather lined dashboard/door cards & unique wood trims. There are vanity mirrors built into the rear headrests & fold down picnic tables, adaptive suspension as standard, radar guided cruise control usually + loads more. Actually drive the vehicle before giving an uneducated input.

No they don't meet my definition of rare at all, a BMW E9 for example would be a rare BMW to me. If by your definition very very different=having more options ticked, a few extras and a different motor then fine but it doesn't to me. I have driven one not that even matters here.

Sounds like you should just buy it yourself since your clearly so gay for them.

• Like 1

A 750iL isn't rare? You've got to be kidding with that statement. There's usually only 1 or 2 available for sale at any given time in the country. They most definitely are rare when you compare it to anything less than a V12 7 Series. Also they are very very different to the 740i. The 750iL not only has a completely different engine but also the interior comes with every extra including a fully leather lined dashboard/door cards & unique wood trims. There are vanity mirrors built into the rear headrests & fold down picnic tables, adaptive suspension as standard, radar guided cruise control usually + loads more. Actually drive the vehicle before giving an uneducated input.

That one doesn't appear to have vanity mirrors in the rear headrests or picnic tables - those are just the ones we can see aren't there from the photos. It does have the extended leather dash, though you could order that on others. The seats in that are pretty standard too - other than heating. There was a 735i on trademe a while back with contour seats - they're pretty rare over here. There is a buttload more than "one or two" available in the country at the moment - Trademe alone has more than that, a LOT more.

I'm not sure "unique wood trims" is a clincher for most buyers either - they don't seem to be any less ugly than the more usual ones.

One car I had was one of only 34 in the country registered for the road - that was pretty rare, and they come up on trademe every now and then - sometimes there is none for a couple of years though.

... a BMW with a V12, 20 years old, I owner, full history, less than a 87k pristine condition...yeah that's not rare. :unsure:

Special tho

... a BMW with a V12, 20 years old, I owner, full history, less than a 87k pristine condition...yeah that's not rare. :unsure:

Special tho

This ^

Undoubtedly a very special mint example.....but it's not highly optioned.......it's not rare ....& it's def not worth $14k

And btw Mr toblerone I would suspect Jared has owned,driven,learnt more about BMWs than you've had farts......uneducated? I think not!

• Like 1

Haha thanks Mark but i was just merely stating the reality which most people have agreed on.

Really nice car and in great condition!

But I don't think the market for ancient V12's is that great in these fuel constrained times. Hopefully when it does sell it will go to someone who looks after it and maintains it properly.

haha

There is one e34 525i on trademe at the moment. I guess that makes me the owner of an exceptionally rare car... Well me and the other 400,000+ people globally who have one

Edited by Stonebread
  • Like 1

Undoubtedly a very special mint example.....but it's not highly optioned.......it's not rare ....& it's def not worth $14k

And btw Mr toblerone I would suspect Jared has owned,driven,learnt more about BMWs than you've had farts......uneducated? I think not!

Nope, i've driven many many BMW vehicles including the 7 Series. I've bought & sold 9x 7 Series vehicles to date actually. A 735i (E65) x2, 745i (E65) x3, 745Li, 760Li x2, 728i (E38), So I know the 7 Series vehicles very well. That example is also well optioned, you have no idea what options would have actually been offered on these vehicles when sold new either.

Here's some of my more recent 7 Series vehicles, most of which have since been sold.

post-6674-0-97872100-1409904868_thumb.jp

post-6674-0-27273500-1409904900_thumb.jp

post-6674-0-70699200-1409904935_thumb.jp

post-6674-0-00906100-1409904982_thumb.jp

post-6674-0-82700400-1409905022_thumb.jp

Sincerely,

Tobias Kake

Commercial Law Student & Graduate Business Marketing

www.ebirthelectronics.com

www.facebook.com/ebirthelectronics

Buy an iPhone or iMac folks! ;)

Edited by tobytoblerone

haha

There is one e34 525i on trademe at the moment. I guess that makes me the owner of an exceptionally rare car... Well me and the other 400,000+ people globally who have one

Globally only 15,759 BMW 750iL vehicles were produced. Only a handful would have been in NZ. Stop trying to compare your sour lemon to an apple ;)

i paid $1200 for the 750iL sitting in my driveway at the moment, and i still think i overpaid.

just because its rare doesn't mean its valuble.

• Like 2