_ethrty-Andy_

Official Tools for Hire Thread

I treat the forums as a refuge from the people on Facebook. I may not contribute much around here but value the community here a heck of a lot more than the Facebook one.

We should have a thread where we discuss where we would like to see the fourms go and how we can consciously contribute to achieve it.

I certainly think its possible, I've seen it done before. This is our community, there's little stopping us from being aware and conscious of cultures we want to develop.

I would hate for the forums to completely disappear as the thought of bring exposed solely to the Facebook scares my very core

I totally agree with you Howard. We have lost many very valuable and knowledgeable people over the years due to the children that tend to come & go and contribute f**k all to the community.

Can this go back to Tools for hire? Probably the best thread in ages, being turned into a rant fest. Looks a lot like Facebook to me.

Edited by pldubs
  • Like 2

Have Carsoft diagnostic program loaded onto an old school Beasty IBM pappy with cords o connect OBD1 & 2

Can lend out

• Like 1

Can this go back to Tools for hire? Probably the best thread in ages, being turned into a rant fest. Looks a lot like Facebook to me.

Yes interesting isnt it, the members that dont want the off topic and childish carry on are the instigators, and you and I are the people they blame.

Well, assuming the first post is updated and remains relevant I suppose anything goes for the rest of the thread.

Please update my section of first post to be clear:

• S50B32 tools (not S50xxx)
  • Beisan rattle kit tools (S50xxx)

;)

Yup will update now :)

• Like 3

Also have a worm camera for them tight spots you can't see by the bare eye

• Like 1

Every one (Tyler) in Dunedin comes and uses my sh*t already so no point posting. Including beer fridge

• Like 2

I'll probably be able to code ews3 keys for folks too .... But I am waiting for a spare ews module first to test. So eBay keys ... Cut locally ... Then ews module coded with new key transponder.

Compared to those facebook, I seem to know everything and thats saying a lot cause I know f**k all.

Back on topic, the only things I can offer is drinking beer and talking sh*t. Please note that talking sh*t happens after numerous beers have been consumed.

• Like 1

Compared to those facebook, I seem to know everything and thats saying a lot cause I know f**k all.

Back on topic, the only things I can offer is drinking beer and talking sh*t. Please note that talking sh*t happens after numerous beers have been consumed.

Im also one of these gifted individuals. I can also tell you how your car is not low enough and explain which rare parts you need to win the internet.

Get at me.

• Like 2

Can now modify ews3 modules including rewrite VIN, km in module, add and delete keys (even ebay keys with correct transponder chip) - can help source these keys from ebay.

Tried and tested on my own car with ebay keys and second hand ews modules.

No more paying excessive dealer fees for new keys.

• Like 1

Anyone got an ADS interface to get GT1 / INPA running on a 20 pin E36?

Just ordered one in an effort to communicate with the 8... Or should I say communic8. (there's a sh*t p plate there somewhere).

• Like 1

Just ordered one in an effort to communicate with the 8... Or should I say communic8. (there's a sh*t p plate there somewhere).

Killer! Will be in touch later on once you've exorcised your gremlins :)

Anyone in Auckland have a "Caliper reset tool" that would fit a VW Polo? I'm not sure on the size adapter it needs.

What does one need to prepare for this Tom? I have an ebay (non remote) key with PCF7935AS chip which I need to get cut and coded for my e36.

Can anyone cut these? And then what's the process of using your tool(s) to programme? Can they even do EWS2?

You can get the key cut at Armstrongs ... or any lock smith that can cut an inner track key. They charge $45 as it's considered 2 track cut (one track each side - so 4 cuts).

Once that's done you can pull your EWS unit out and read the main MCU chip. You'll get a bin file to the full chip read (1K) and then do the changes there - open or lock a key, add a key, change the EWS info (mileage, vin) ... and then you write the EWS ISN password to the key transponder and car information. Very easy and simple process.

I might do a quick write up if I can grab some free time. But it is not difficult to do.

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 3

Would there be a guard roller around I could borrow mid - November?

I have Troys one here, send him a message, I can send straight to you instead of via him if he is happy with that.

Hi does anyone have a M40 camshaft timing tool I could rent/borrow?

$(KGrHqV,!iME+QBErs-NBQGr7Qjfug~~60_35.J

Cheers

Cancel that.

I actually need an ADS cable and they're even rarer so I'm not expecting one to be lying around. I've ordered one off eBay.

When I get it we can add it to the list on the first page.

I've got one.

Andy you can chuck me up on the list now, I have engine crane, engine stand, gas less mig all in Palmy. Probably lots of other stuff too, but those are the main ones.

I have the communal bimmersport car trailer. Fits e30/6 and anything smaller. Single axle unbraked, tilt action beast.

24 beers a day to hire.

• Like 3

Hi does anyone have a M40 camshaft timing tool I could rent/borrow?

$(KGrHqV,!iME+QBErs-NBQGr7Qjfug~~60_35.J

Cheers

I now have these tools if anyone needs to borrow.

• Like 1