_ethrty-Andy_

Official Tools for Hire Thread

I need please the cam and crank lock tools as well as vanos setting tools for a 2000 m62b44tu. I'm located In palmerston North. Would be awesome if I could get them by Saturday thanks. Can come pick up if need be.

Can lend a RTAB tool (only for newer style non flanged bushes), OBD1 Scanner, spring compressors, brake hose spanners and ball joint splitter. In Upper Hutt.

Looking for a 17mm socket to undo a oil drain plug on my vw. What a nightmare. Nothing else works. Let me know if anyone can lend me one. Otherwise ill go buy one tommorrow no worries

Ok gonna see if i have one in my other cars. I tried with a plus sign shaped one i normally use but was too tight to manouver that under the car

All done. The oil plug bolt on the vw was so bad. It would warp when using monkey wrench or vice grip. Anyway i was able to borrow the right socket from a nice neighbour and its all done. Yay

i have a socket set.. just didnt have that size.. lol

All done. The oil plug bolt on the vw was so bad. It would warp when using monkey wrench or vice grip. Anyway i was able to borrow the right socket from a nice neighbour and its all done. Yay

Jesus...

• Like 4

I still live up the road from you don't I?

Who doesn't have a 17mm socket kicking around Lol! That's one of life's basic utensils, like a fork or can opener.

• Like 3

I still live up the road from you don't I?

Who doesn't have a 17mm socket kicking around Lol! That's one of life's basic utensils, like a fork or can opener.

OP would use a fork to open a can..

• Like 2

How did u know?

Anyway..it was getting late and i didnt realise that it was the same size as a wheel bolt... ha..

Lol im not in the city anymore.

Can any one lend a DCAN > USB cable for INPA and NCS Expert? ive got the software and laptop. I can pick up in auckland.

Might be needing a car trailer for an e28 this weekend. I would only need it for half a day probably, just moving it from Wellington to Porirua. Does anybody have one that would be available to lend/borrow?

does anyone have a long 3mm hex key? has to be about 9cm long.

I do, I'm on the shore though. Welcome to grab it.

yea ill go pick up a set over the weekend. i have those multi hex things on a handle that flip out but its not long enough for this one particular computer. how annoying

does anyone have a long 3mm hex key? has to be about 9cm long.

I have one you can use.

I'm in Otahuhu, so not far from your cafe.

Hello, Can anyone lend a N54 walnut blaster manifold cleaning tool? Manafold adapter thing that connects to shop vac for blasting.

Cheers

Edited by FRT

I might be able to get you one to use.. have you got access to a blaster and the walnut shells??

Awesome ok!

Yes i have got a blaster and bag of walnuts from countdown.... they look too big to go down but i guess if you have enough pressure and stand far enough back... :blink:

Edited by FRT
  • Like 3

I've got some nut crackers so we can eat the nuts afterwards.. Or should that be first??

• Like 1

Worth a crack!! .... but if that dont fly ill score a bag of turbo walnut shell mix from Syntec (who supply BMW dealers) and get into it.

I've got a small compressor but Dave from Autoblast has also offered one of his booths and his meggatron blaster thats got a compressor the size of a small city (and uses the same amount of electricity) that would probably cut my car in half if i held the loud button down for too long.

• Like 4

Just found my dual mass fly wheel removal tool, T60 torx head with tapered shaft if anyone needs to borrow.