_ethrty-Andy_

Official Tools for Hire Thread

3 hours ago, qube said:

fixed the issue with the backrest twisting

Did you disconnect the cable or just cut out section of sheath? 

Ps I have a cheap reset tool you could use but am in TAURANGA 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, qube said:

Anyone have a airbag reset tool for an E39? Asking on behalf of a friend. 

Have done some work on the passenger seat and the light came on. Pretty sure nothing wrong just needs to be reset.

Cheers

If it has a Pac-man connector under the hood I can probably do it for you also. 

• Like 1

The cheapest way to do these is get a new cable made half an inch longer by an instrument company that makes speedo cables.

Is someone in Wellington able to flare a brake line for me? I also need the threaded part.

I am in Kapiti and have E39 software and brake flare tools, press, ball joint tool and most other bits and pieces if anyone needs a hand.

On 8/28/2014 at 8:37 AM, duvey said:

I have spring compressors, a ball joint splitter, and a OBD1 peake tool on the North Shore that anyone is welcome to borrow. Also lots of other things like torque wrenches and air tools.

:)

Hi, I am a new member to the forum, I am currently working on my e36, I suspect a fuel system problem, do you happen to have fuel pressure gauge that I can borrow for a fee?

I think my e36 316i with m43 is using M1.73 DME, does your scan tool work on my car? Can I borrow that as well? 

thanks 

Hi all,

If anyone is interested I can provide paper templates for those who want to manufacture their own E46 M3 RACP reinforcement plates.

The plates and process are as per this thread: http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/57571-karter-16s-e46-m3-journal/

• The templates come with the expectation that final adjustments will be needed for fitting.
  • The individual pieces of the plates need to be welded together.
  • Some pieces can be folded.
  • The plates were designed with the intent of epoxy affixing to the RACP using 3M 7333 Epoxy.
  • The plates come with zero warranty/guarantee, however I have reasonably high standards and I fitted these to my car.

I am aware that RACP plates only solve part of the problem (and indeed might cause new ones), something which everyone should be aware of before they do anything to their RACP. I fitted these plates as a part solution. I am using the BMW structural epoxy to reinforce the front mount points as well (rear points already done under BMW corrective action in my case). I am not tracking my car, and I'm not rough on it. If you are looking for a super solution you should look at a Mason bar and/or other such more comprehensive solutions.

These plates require DIY skills, welding skills, etc. but are offered as they will help others save time if they are wanting to go down the DIY route.

No charge - happy to copy the paper templates and post within NZ for free.

Cheers,

Matt

• Like 1

Hi team does anyone have a 10 spline (std ZF manual) clutch alignment tool I could borrow and return mid Jan?

Anyone able to lend/sell the water pump (pulley pump?) holder tool for m54 and other engines?  I could collect anywhere between Hutt valley and Masterton.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Iron-32mm-Fan-Clutch-Nut-Wrench-Water-Pump-Holder-Removal-Tool-Kit-For-BMW/332381663617?hash=item4d637db181:g:upIAAOSw6AlZvLq4

22 minutes ago, warrenp said:

Anyone able to lend/sell the water pump (pulley pump?) holder tool for m54 and other engines?  I could collect anywhere between Hutt valley and Masterton.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Iron-32mm-Fan-Clutch-Nut-Wrench-Water-Pump-Holder-Removal-Tool-Kit-For-BMW/332381663617?hash=item4d637db181:g:upIAAOSw6AlZvLq4

For that price, you might as well buy them, no? I have them here in Auckland and am happy to loan for cost of postage anytime.

Thanks Gabe, I made the tool out of an old handsaw.  It had a hole in about the right place at the end so I anglegrinded an indent to about the same shape as the OEM tool.  Worked like a charm.  If anyone in Wairarapa region needs it let me know.

Edited by warrenp

I have E8/9x bushing removal/install kits, happy to hire etc to members (may even sell in a month!)

Schwaben Silent Block/Bushing Tool Set

• Remove and install rear ball joints on E38, E39, E60/61, E63/64, E65/66, and E70's
  • Removal and installation of ball joints and bushings on rear control arms on E36, E46, E39, E60/61, E63/64,  E65/66, E70, E83 and E85/86 Z4's
  • Removal and installation of rear subframe mounted differential bushings on E36, E46, E83 and E85/86 Z4's
  • Removal and installation of rear differential mounted bushings on E36, E46, E9X, E60/61, E63/64, E65/66, and E85/86 Z4's

BGS Technic Rear Trailing Arm Set 

For replacing the trailing arm bushings and  trailing arm in wheel carrier bushing suitable for BMW Models 1 and 3 (2004 - 2012) series:

•   E81 / E82 / E83 / E85 / E86 / E87 E88 / F20 / E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 includes the following tools:
  •   split bush compressor to be used as OEM 334450
  •   camber arm mounting extraction / insertion tool to be used as OEM 334460
  •   trailing arm mounting extraction / insertion tool to be used as OEM 334480

German Specialty Tools Rear Subframe Set E87/90/91/92/93

• This tool set used to remove and Install front and rear bushings in the rear subframe.
  • Applicable: BMW E87 and E90/91/92/93

BMA1458_1024x1024.jpg

1025808_x800.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Does anybody have a M14x1.5 die I can use? I need to chase a thread and my biggest is 12x1.5. Seems a shame to have to purchase a tool for such a job.

If you're out of Auckland I'd be happy to cover costs.

Cheers.

On 6/1/2018 at 5:50 PM, BreakMyWindow said:

Anyone have the diff and subframe bush kit similar to one above for e39 available for rent?

Have you found one yet? If not, do you, or anyone else want to go halves on one?

Does anyone have any wheel dollys in the wellington region i can borrow/rent for a weekend?

Anyone got an engine support bar I can borrow? The kind that spans the engine bay from the guards. Gearing up to do the 130 sump gasket

On 3/8/2018 at 8:59 PM, Jacko said:

I have E8/9x bushing removal/install kits, happy to hire etc to members (may even sell in a month!)

yep im interested.

On 7/9/2018 at 12:37 PM, WYZEUP said:

Does anyone have any wheel dollys in the wellington region i can borrow/rent for a weekend?

yep have a few here, garage type cant tow with them or anything.

Probably been asked a few times before, but does anyone have a car trailer i could borrow / hire / HJ for a couple days?

1 hour ago, qube said:

Airbag reset tool anyone? E36

As in to reset the airbag light on the cluster? If so i have the software.

As above @qube, I can also do it with my rig. I won't be upset (much) if you choose Martin over me though. ?

Dave is definitely closer to me :)

just need to do the seat bypass first then will have a go to reset the airbag light on the cluster.

cheers all!

Hey Guys, in need of a Slide Hammer for a few days. Need to get a few Dents out of the car. Happy to give ya some $$$ or ? for it. located in Auckland. Cheers