_ethrty-Andy_

Official Tools for Hire Thread

I also wanted to avoid that method the first time I tried but my hand was forced and I've wondered why I bothered ever since.

I also wanted to avoid that method the first time I tried but my hand was forced and I've wondered why I bothered ever since.

Thanks for the advice Dave, appreciate it!

By the way I'm a fan of your E36 M3 (I'm normally not a E36 fan, but your car is always quite the standout!)

• Like 1

You'll laugh at this...

Hi guys,

Would anyone in the Auckland region have a fan clutch removal tool (E46 M3) I could hire?

^ 32mm spanner and mallet. It'll be off in 60 seconds.

Yeah I was trying to avoid that route with just the 32mm wrench and hammer and ensure I've got that holding tool on the water pump pulley but looks like I'll have to go there now.

Now I need one! :)

My belt is not holding the pump so the sledge method is not working (I've sprayed it with penetrating oil in the meantime).

Did you find one in the end? Anyone in Auckland (preferably the 'Shore) have one?

• Like 1

You'll laugh at this...

Now I need one! :)

My belt is not holding the pump so the sledge method is not working (I've sprayed it with penetrating oil in the meantime).

Did you find one in the end? Anyone in Auckland (preferably the 'Shore) have one?

Ahaha! Just bad luck mate.. no I couldn't bring myself to swing that hammer! Haha

I'll have one in 3 days time, been busy all week caving so didn't get around to it..have a few other things I can do on the car without having to pull the fan out so will continue on that till holding tool arrives.

I could pass it onto you when I'm done?if that'll help you out?

Thanks for the offer Earon but I got it off this afternoon. I used a new method and braced one of the water pump nuts with a screwdriver to prevent the pump turning then whacked the 32 mm with the mallet, worked a treat.

Am enjoying your project, keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Appreciate Earons compliment Dave. Really. Just take a moment and savour it ;)

please dont kill me for this but

does anyone have a scanner for my w211 e350 mercedes? or know anyone who can lend/drop by my place to borrow..

need to scan for fault codes, car is dead. sigh... i MUST get back into a bmw

After an engine crane on the North Shore to use over the weekend. Can pay in beersies. Can anyone help me out?

I have a guard roller in the Taranaki area for anyone who would like to borrow it.

Wanted to hire;

Cam timing tool for N46 motor.

Cams need to come off to do valve stem seals, and then a tool is used to realign them.

Anyone have one?

Can pay cash or beers

Wanted to hire please;

1. M30 water pump pulley holder - fan nut is rusted and stuck

2. Guard roller

In Hamilton tomorrow if that helps.

I need please the cam and crank lock tools as well as vanos setting tools for a 2000 m62b44tu. I'm located In palmerston North. Would be awesome if I could get them by Saturday thanks. Can come pick up if need be.

Can lend a RTAB tool (only for newer style non flanged bushes), OBD1 Scanner, spring compressors, brake hose spanners and ball joint splitter. In Upper Hutt.

Looking for a 17mm socket to undo a oil drain plug on my vw. What a nightmare. Nothing else works. Let me know if anyone can lend me one. Otherwise ill go buy one tommorrow no worries

Wheel bolts/studs are 17mm so you probably have one already. Happy to lend you one if not.

Ok gonna see if i have one in my other cars. I tried with a plus sign shaped one i normally use but was too tight to manouver that under the car

The one out of your 328 could fit, otherwise jack the car up?

All done. The oil plug bolt on the vw was so bad. It would warp when using monkey wrench or vice grip. Anyway i was able to borrow the right socket from a nice neighbour and its all done. Yay

.. .It would warp when using monkey wrench or vice grip.

Yeah, wrong tools for the job, you need a socket set dude.

i have a socket set.. just didnt have that size.. lol

All done. The oil plug bolt on the vw was so bad. It would warp when using monkey wrench or vice grip. Anyway i was able to borrow the right socket from a nice neighbour and its all done. Yay

Jesus...

• Like 4

I still live up the road from you don't I?

Who doesn't have a 17mm socket kicking around Lol! That's one of life's basic utensils, like a fork or can opener.

• Like 3

I still live up the road from you don't I?

Who doesn't have a 17mm socket kicking around Lol! That's one of life's basic utensils, like a fork or can opener.

OP would use a fork to open a can..

• Like 2

How did u know?

Anyway..it was getting late and i didnt realise that it was the same size as a wheel bolt... ha..

Lol im not in the city anymore.

Can any one lend a DCAN > USB cable for INPA and NCS Expert? ive got the software and laptop. I can pick up in auckland.