Sign in to follow this  
Vagicle

E30 318i Coupe

1990 E30 318i Coupe

WOF till December 25th 2014

Rego just expired

Thought I’d post this up on here before putting up on Tardme.

1.8 M40b18 Odo shows 164k’s, however it has stopped about a year and a half ago, so actual will be higher, but not by more than around 5-7k. It has the usual tappet noise but otherwise runs well. Drinks a frugal amount of oil. Had recent replacement gearbox mounts and 1 engine mount.

Highlight of this car is the Genuine Alpina 16” wheels with Yokohama tyres. The fronts are alright, the rears are getting low but still above legal minimum. No centre caps, however the wheels are in great condition without curbing or scratches.

The suspension has been overhauled with New King Springs [super low] and New KYB shocks. This does not sit too low on this suspension, as seen in the pics, but it does a great job of holding the car nicely and is great for the road. New bushes were installed at the time meaning it handles much better than the boat it was before. Link to the build thread here

The interior is in poor to excellent condition - meaning some parts are excellent e.g. the rears seats and trim, and some are poor like the front seats - the front seats are original but have the fabric blown out, especially on the driver’s side. The rest of the interior is fine/ excellent. Dash has a few cracks. Light controls moved to roof console - airplane styles - missing trim under dash on RHS of steering wheel.

The exterior has a few marks, and the area around the RHS boot needs painting. It was repaired [rust] and is still in primer/sealer photos of repair can be supplied. There is also a small patch near the aerial in the same condition. The rear bumper is cracked, however a non-damaged spare can be included. The front bumper has already been swapped over but has not been painted. The side window trim has come off on one side and needs new clips to put it back in place.

This was my project car but I’ve taken a job in Sydney so no longer have the capacity to complete it. I’m not asking too much as I realise that it is in an incomplete/slightly dirty unfinished condition, however most of this work is superficial and with a bit of TLC this car could come up nicely.

VERY road worthy and just passed a VTNZ WoF.

Asking $1500 neg. as is.

Call or text Richard 021 606 703 who is selling on my behalf so any questions about history - PM me here as he is only handling the sale/inspections.

20140810_123005_zps5965cb67.jpg

20140808_070700_zpsb76458f0.jpg

20140808_070652_zpsfc1387e6.jpg

20140808_070644_zps5130be75.jpg

20140808_070631_zps817599cc.jpg

20140808_070621_zpsb599e2a2.jpg

Sorry, forgot to mention above - its auto.

In case i didn't mention in the build thread, I upgraded the front struts to the larger size while I was doing the suspension. Was planning on an M5x engine swap so suspension-wise it's all set up for it.

Where are you located?