Sign in to follow this  
bavarian_beast

Nav Mk4 problems over bumps

I have been having issues with my Navigation system recently it seems to be rebooting itself constantly and flickering/ going green quite a bit. sometimes the screen will go blank but the radio will continue to work fine. it seems to happen when going over bumps that sets all of this off. recently when it reboots it seems to go back to a different version of the software ( looks like a mkII navigation) and everything is in french. any ideas on what is happening. Im in wellington if anyone could recommend someone to have a look. to me it sounds like a loose ribbon cable or dry solder joint, but thats only a guess. all I know is that its really annoying :)

thanks

Edited by bavarian_beast

Dry joints in the connectors on the PCB.

Find someone who's good at PCB soldering with a high temp iron to do some rework for you.

Dry joints in the connectors on the PCB.

Find someone who's good at PCB soldering with a high temp iron to do some rework for you.

thanks for the reply, thats what my electrician friend said but everyone seems to be too scared to work on it because it a "BMW" part and must be very expensive to replace if they break it. better keep looking for a auto electrician. what other professions would do this kind of work?

Have a chat with Shane at Auto Electronic Services Glen put me on to him when I had to have the 530 cluster repaired.

Edited by tim 325

I can have a look at it for you.. I work and stay in Wellington.. call / text if interested.. 021 223 7954 Dean

thanks for the reply, thats what my electrician friend said but everyone seems to be too scared to work on it because it a "BMW" part and must be very expensive to replace if they break it. better keep looking for a auto electrician. what other professions would do this kind of work?

If you dont find anyone, we repair PCBs daily, in Hamilton though. Edited by polley

Use someone like Polly as normal auto electricians probably dont have the skills (or tools) to do it properly.

Its actually very easy .. with the right tools and adhereing to dos and donts. The fact its 'BMW' doesnt make a difference .. theyre all just siemens, bosch, philips etc. Same as your stereo or whatever, A PCB is pretty much a PCB