Sign in to follow this  
scottharvey

e30 with rx7 rears

OP,this is a piss-take aye?

If your serious and genuinely want to build a slammed car why not spend $450 and buy a set of coilovers? At least it'll be road legal and safe. You'll only have to do it once and you'll be able to adjust/control springs and shocks for the ultimate ride.

All your doing now is building a deathtrap for yourself, your passengers and anyone else who happens to be on the road when you ineveitably lose control.

Can't imagine any coilovers for $450 been safe...a cert is more than that anyway..
  • Like 1

Can't imagine any coilovers for $450 been safe...a cert is more than that anyway..

No sh*t eh, and most cert guys would tell you to piss off if you took a car to them on $450 coilovers haha

Experience and self preservation usually tend to come with age unfortunately. Scientifically proven that the electrical connections in the brain that create associations of consequences with acts are not developed in young males.

• Like 1

I went to high school with OP.
Can confirm, isn't right in the head.

Personal attacks aside this is too low to even look 1/10th decent.
Coilovers will provide plenty of "low" whilst providing much better handling, they aren't going to bottom out and send both you and your very unfortunate girlfriend off a cliff. :/

http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/bmw-e30-coilovers.html

And if they aren't good enough hunt out a second hands set.. Better than what going on here now aye.

No sh*t eh, and most cert guys would tell you to piss off if you took a car to them on $450 coilovers haha

This coming from the guy who recommended cutting the springs..lol

Why not, what's the chance of the OP actually following anyones advice.

Ive got a few Bic Springs, very flexible, seem durable enough and will get you much low, such slammage. wow

• Like 2

I honestly no sh*t think seriously recommending $450 Coilovers is a lot worse than me blatantly making a joke about cutting springs in an e30 ( Which seeing as they taper off at each end doesnt even work anyway )

I honestly no sh*t think seriously recommending $450 Coilovers is a lot worse than me blatantly making a joke about cutting springs in an e30 ( Which seeing as they taper off at each end doesnt even work anyway )

My apologies pldubs. The lol at the end of my comment was supposed to imply I was joking with you as I was very aware your comment re cutting springs was a joke. No offence was intended.

• Like 1

My apologies pldubs. The lol at the end of my comment was supposed to imply I was joking with you as I was very aware your comment re cutting springs was a joke. No offence was intended

One love my bro

I can hereby confirm that (from experience) $450 ish coilovers (£220 from ebay in the uk when I was over there) are safer than the cut springs (and leaky shocks in my case) that my old e30 had when I bought it. Although not ideal and VERY firm I did a 70km round trip commute for a year and it handled awesome : D they didn't fall apart either!