Sign in to follow this  
Lewis91

E46 Motorsport Seats

Hi guys,

My car is a poverty spec 2000 318 and I've been offered a pair of motor-sport front seats.

They're a manual adjust - the same as mine.

I have to use my belt buckles - the seats should just bolt straight in right?

Cheers,

Lewis

Edited by Lewis91

Yes, straight in!

I could do you door cards and rears for say $250 so you match?

027 5432078

I've been offered the whole lot for $400.

Cheers for the offer.

Random question / but are these leather? Or the fabric/suede type.

Have been yet to hunt down manual ones in leather

Amber Wouldn't be to hard to swap a set of leather covers from a pair of electric controlled seats to a pair of manual ones or vice verse as long as they are both either standard or M sport. The metal frame and foam padding design is the same per seat design only changes I found is the M sport the obvious difference in shape but as far as the frame goes it is only two pieces of 8mm rod and the leg support which just screws on to the metal base. Their is something like 6kgs between a electric operated seat and a manual one.

sorry to hijack the thread, but can the bottom covers of the suede seats be easily swapped out? My drivers M sport seat, manual adjust has a tear in it from wear on the side bolster, the rest of the seat is mint however so would be keen to get a new bottom cover only, unless of course a full suede manual seat is cheaper from wrecker etc.

Depends on your definition of easy also if the wrecker would sell you the drivers seat on it's own for a reasonable price. Have just had the base and back outer panels replaced on the drivers seat of some M sport seats with material supplied cost me $130.00 odd. It requires some time ie remove the seat and various components but if you are willing to put in the effort then yes it can be done. Something like this

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/7gub3y4dgxbv86i/AAD4yCcvs_ivPGXKpSQSeuEHa

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/8yrd980de6um9p6/AADxmn20mHR97r53rrEoz5YMa

Depends on your definition of easy also if the wrecker would sell you the drivers seat on it's own for a reasonable price. Have just had the base and back outer panels replaced on the drivers seat of some M sport seats with material supplied cost me $130.00 odd. It requires some time ie remove the seat and various components but if you are willing to put in the effort then yes it can be done. Something like this

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/7gub3y4dgxbv86i/AAD4yCcvs_ivPGXKpSQSeuEHa

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/8yrd980de6um9p6/AADxmn20mHR97r53rrEoz5YMa

Cheers man, looks good, did you score the replacement material from a wrecker ?

That first pic looks exactly like the tear in my current seat.

No I had a rear seat from the Donor car and stripped the material from the side bolsters.

If anyone is interested I will have my front grey leather electric sport seats for sale with rear 3 head rest rear seats to suit coupe soon when I strip the car

Are your fronts heated Milan or just electric adjust?

Non heated Jon

Bugger. Might still be interested, I think you can retro-fit the heating elements into the seats, let me know when you are pulling them out.