Sign in to follow this  
BUDDA

Holden Made Now E60 mad

Seen the light huh. Welcome

ha ha.. Nice to see another convert.

I'd been a Holden addict scince I was a kid. My last car was a 95 SS commy.

Found my current E38 on trademe and I've never looked back. The E38's a much heavier car with a smaller motor than the SS Commy yet it still out performs the Commy in every way. Handles better and gets off the line quicker with a better top speed. Not to mention all the options...lol

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good guys here who are happy to share thier knowledge.

Sorry guys, BUDDA here, i had to create another account as my new one wouldn't let me sign in.

Anyway, I have had my new secondhand 545I - E60 for 5 days and i went and clipped the curb this morning, tore a small hole the size of australia in the sidewall of my SP Sport Maxx - 245/40/R18. felt pretty dam sick to be honest.

However, good old trademe came to my rescue, found a local with the exact tyre, tread depth and everything for $60. OMG do i feel better.

You might want to get the wheel checked for straightness and your alignment looked at.

If it was enough to jolt the car EG flatten a tire going over a pot hole type of jolt then it will have those two issues.

Some wheels are softer than others however.

You might want to get the wheel checked for straightness and your alignment looked at.

If it was enough to jolt the car EG flatten a tire going over a pot hole type of jolt then it will have those two issues.

Some wheels are softer than others however.

Very True, the tyre was removed this morning, the inner bead was deformed and a buldge in the tyre. $150 to have repaired. :blink:

I have had my E60 for 7 days, yes i'm not 100% sure clipping the curb all be it minimal, did the damage to the inner bead of the alloy rim, the guy at Carters in Rosedale did say that the amount of rubber fines that were built up on the deformed part of rim did suggest the deform had been there a while. I did contact Nigel (car dealer) and explained the damage, what the guy at Carters mentioned and that the deform was on another part of the rim. Nigel didn't even argue, he said get it repaired, send him the bill and he would pay for it.

I just about fell over! I mean are Car dealers suppose to be this accommodating??

I have to say though, he did make the whole experience pleasurable from the test drive, purchasing & he even put 1/2 a tank of gas in her and gave us a bottle of wine when we collected the car.

Question: Am i allowed to do a shout out for a car dealer?

Edited by BIMNUTE60

That little profile pic is a bit of a tease mate.

Any chance you could post up some bigger pics for us to droll over?

from a car dealers perspective, a good reference (like one you're probably about to give us and all your mates) is heaps better than arguing something worth a couple hundred dollars to repair.