Sign in to follow this  
Zippy

E36 C43 Radio Cassette

Getting stuck in to the ICE at the moment and just discovered I'm missing a radio code, which I'm getting sorted, for the C33 fitted radio cassette. I understand that a band expander is not the way to go to get the NZ radio frequencies (Japanese at the moment) so will be wanting a C43 Business head unit. My question is are these all the same from say UK and US? I've seen a few and they look a little different with the button layout. Will a US or European version work ok here?

Thanks handgrenade. I've looked at that thread and that's what I'm trying to achieve. So do I need a CD43 rather than a C43 head unit.

Also this may seem like a dumb question but if you mount the Anycar unit behind the radio how do you get access to it to plug in your USBs or SD cards or phone etc?

I only use bluetooth and have routed the microphone for hands free up into the centre dash vent... but you can run usb extension cords to a custom port near the shifter if you're handy with a bit of DIY. or run an aux jack to the same location. if you have a OBC and a DIN underneath, there is a handy little access hole where you can run wiring out of behind the dash :)

CD43s are required for the anycar link, but if you're just looking for nz radio frequencies, i have my old radio deck available with 6cd changer etc. has a code. its nz new, so all RDS and stuff works in NZ

Thanks handgrenade. Can you get custom USB SD and 3.5mm ports to fit the centre console? If you use one of these Anycar units with the CD43 can you still control the cd changer in the boot?

So the C43 tape version won't work with the Anycar?

Is your tape deck a C43? Got a picture?

Appreciate the help.

Yes you can have a custom USB port. I think the SD card adaptor might be a bit more tricky but you can get a SD card to USB adaptor and use the USB port.

The anylinkcar thing replaces the CD changer so that option is not available anymore. The CD43 has a single CD player. The tape deck won't work with the anycarlink. I'll try find a pic of my old tape player

Thanks Handgrenade but I think I'll be looking for a CD43 so I can make up a system like yours. Just to be a pain is it right that with an Anycar device (or other similar types) fitted then I wouldn't be able to play the CD's in the 6 deck changer in the boot?

I can't confirm about what other devices are out available but most use the CD changer input to access the factory head unit