Sign in to follow this  
Dodgy PT

Compliance Centres, Who do you recommend?

Hi

I have searched compliance on the forums and not come up with the answers I require.

I am importing an E60 530i from Japan. I have the shipping etc all under control.

I need to sort out compliance. I am looking for a good clean establishment. Can anyone recommend a compliance centre in the Penrose, Mt Wellington or Highbrook areas?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers PT

Coventry Motors in Porana Road, North Shore is an option though it means crossing the bridge. Only 20 minutes from your area.

• Like 1

Coventry Motors in Porana Road, North Shore is an option though it means crossing the bridge. Only 20 minutes from your area.

+1

I like the lady there :) She was very helpful with my gazillion questions on engine mods etc

+1

I like the lady there :) She was very helpful with my gazillion questions on engine mods etc

She is a really nice lady! I remember having a lot of questions too and nothing was ever a problem.

If you were in Wellington, I would recommend VTNZ Porirua. Absolutely first class service.

I forget the name of it, but at the end of Cain Road in Penrose is a compliance center. You can't miss it, it's at the very end of the road and just through the gates.

I'm also looking for a compliance centre (central Auckland or the North Shore - so Coventry looks like a good option), but am concerned about the requirements around tinted windows.

I brought in a car from Japan a few years ago and was told to remove the tints only to see similar cars with the same tints (likely not to be factory) driving around.

Are there any compliance centres that take a more pragmatic approach to tints?

I do not know of any compliance centres that would allow tints on a vehicle to be complied. I had to remove tints on many a clients car in order to gain compliance. I recommend Coventry as well. Awesome job.

If you are handy ask if you are able to strip it and assemble it at the premises for the inspector and save hundreds of dollars.