Sign in to follow this  
cmscss

Will E46 M-Tech side skirts also fit Compacts?

Hi There,

I have a Japanese imported ti compact (with only 12,000kms) but after two years, the clear coat on the bumpers is peeling off so I'm looking at various options including upgrading to the M-Tech bumpers/body kit.

Obviously the front and rear bumpers are specific to the Compacts but does anyone know if side skirts from M-Tech sedans/coupes will also fit the Compacts?

As far as I can tell, almost everything up until the rear wheels is identical (besides the front bumper and bonnet).

It also looks like I need the following parts to switch the rear bumpers as well:

• Guide Left: 51127894799
  • Guide Right: 51127894800

Sorry if this is obvious but there's not as much info around for the Compacts - any help or info would be much appreciated

Cheers

Ben

Edited by cmscss

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the compact family

As far as the skirts go none of the part numbers Sedan, Coupe and Compact they are all different you would need to measure them up and check from their but I have a feeling you could be out of luck and the shape of them is also different if interested I have a pair of Compact standard skirts. As you start to change things on your Compact you will find that they are different in many ways from the other e46 family members. An example of this is the rails on the skirts which hold the clips these are different from the standard to the M sports as are the clips themselves. The front bumper M sport verses Standard are secured differently. The rear bumper does indeed have different side retaining brackets and from memory so are the rear pieces and so forth.

Hey Allan,

Thanks heaps for the reply - good advice. I'll do some more research before buying - are your side skirts standard or the M Sport versions? And do you know of anyone that might have a kit for compacts?

Ideally I'd like Topaz Metallic Blue but I have to re-paint the current bumpers so I'm OK with painting new ones.

Cheers

Ben

I'm assuming you're the one who's looking at my Coupe Topaz side skirts on trademe - You're welcome to pop over (i'm in Auckland) any time to test fitment if so.
I do doubt they'd fit on a compact.

What sort of kit are you after?. The skirts I have are the standard ones which I replaced with the motor sport ones and they are Topaz blue metallic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5ipqr5jt1wgi7n/Ti%20side%20skirts%20clips.jpg?dl=0

Edited by tim 325

Thanks for the replies,

@Rubix - yes, I saw those on TradeMe and have been wondering about them but the more I research, the more I realise the Compact M Body kit is actually fairly rare (even though I've seen plenty on recent imports).

@tim 325 - those look to be what I currently have (although the Compact versions).

The car I have is in great condition (besides the paint) with low miles so plan on keeping it for the next 5-6 years which means it's worth spending now to get the body sorted - it's also a company car so everything is claimable.

Will contact some wreckers before looking at a couple of overseas options where I'm sure the shipping will be eye watering!

Cheers and thanks heaps for the replies.

Ben

Edited by cmscss