Sign in to follow this  
fred_

Anyone have Evolve tuning cable?

Hey Guys,

I am looking to purchase an evolve tune for my E46 M3.

They charge $200 for a tuning cable which I find a bit steep given I am unlikely to use it again once I have uploaded the tune.

Would anyone happen to have or know someone with one in NZ? I am happy to rent it off them or do some car photography for them as a gesture :)

Cheers,

Alex

how about you get a like 5 m3 owners and split the $200. $40 each or whatever.

Also looking for a tuning cable to work with my galleto software as I'm in need of writing a file, if anyone has one could you please let me know :)

how about you get a like 5 m3 owners and split the $200. $40 each or whatever.

I'm thinking of starting a group Buy thread. Might post up tonight.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Evolve-R cable, but after reading through their FAQ I don't think the cable can be used on another car once you have used the cable on a car, well not without cracking the logic applied to locking the cable to your car...

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=383037

Can I sell the tune afterwards?
Unfortunately not, the evolve-R unit locks to your ECU - it can only be used on one vehicle in its life. If you move car to one we tune, we will give you $200 off the new cable/tune.

The tune (ecu data) itself is locked but the cable is generic as far as I'm aware.... So your cable should work :)

Actually just read a thread on this and I think you might be right :(

Why?? Waste of money.

I have a galletto cable ... But you can modify any vagcom into a galletto ... It just need to have the correct cable name and serial number then it'll function like the real thing.

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 1

Why?? Waste of money.

I have a galletto cable ... But you can modify any vagcom into a galletto ... It just need to have the correctcable name and serial number then it'll function like the real thing.

Listen to Tom. He knows what he is talking about. Has every cable ever. Pretty sure he is collecting them. Not sure they will appreciate in value Tom. Maybe look at Basketball cards or something :P

• Like 1

To make any vagcom ftdi cable into a galletto 1260 just name the cable as EOBD and fix the serial number as 47515789. Done.

• Like 1

Actually the main reason I recommend against this is the lock out of the DME ... once it's flashed you are basically bound to them for life with that DME - so any issues you'd have to go back to them to correct (unless you know someone with a BDM of course and took a dump of your EPROMs before you flashed it with the tune - making it reversible).

The knowledge is already out there to do basically what they do all by yourself to a certain extent, so why would you bother with it - there's a reason they stop contributing to the major DME discussion about it and if you read the history they were helpful in the beginning until some of the guys started to figure out thing they did exclusively.

In my opinion they would have sold far more airboxes had they shared their knowledge with the majority enthusiasts out there that wanted more from their car ... but I guess there's Karbonius now to save the day for those that wanted that route.

Another way is to do a Map rail conversion and flash the CSL software with a HP DME - I know a few US guys have been doing this - basically a CSL without the airbox (apparently runs mint). I will have CSL air-rail soon, so if there are members on here that have access to cad or can turn objects into CNC readable files, I am happy to lend this out for the MAP sensor mount to be turned into a CNC file and I'll get it mass produced for everyone.

• Like 1

Actually the main reason I recommend against this is the lock out of the DME ... once it's flashed you are basically bound to them for life with that DME - so any issues you'd have to go back to them to correct (unless you know someone with a BDM of course and took a dump of your EPROMs before you flashed it with the tune - making it reversible).

The knowledge is already out there to do basically what they do all by yourself to a certain extent, so why would you bother with it - there's a reason they stop contributing to the major DME discussion about it and if you read the history they were helpful in the beginning until some of the guys started to figure out thing they did exclusively.

In my opinion they would have sold far more airboxes had they shared their knowledge with the majority enthusiasts out there that wanted more from their car ... but I guess there's Karbonius now to save the day for those that wanted that route.

Another way is to do a Map rail conversion and flash the CSL software with a HP DME - I know a few US guys have been doing this - basically a CSL without the airbox (apparently runs mint). I will have CSL air-rail soon, so if there are members on here that have access to cad or can turn objects into CNC readable files, I am happy to lend this out for the MAP sensor mount to be turned into a CNC file and I'll get it mass produced for everyone.

Talk to Ollie McDermott ...

Well well well ... was looking through the dmes I had sitting around and it so happens that I have one of them with a Superchip tune already loaded ... Had a look on the website supposedly 11hp or more gain over stock. HP DME only however.