Sign in to follow this  
Ru3l8r

turbo m50

hey guys basically ive been looking at coupes and sedans (mainly coupes cause they sexy). and i have done alot of cross researching but

still cant come to the conclusion plus also want to see what you guys think and recommend.

as above im wanting to strap a turbo to a 325 or a 328 which one would be better/easier for tuning and putting setup on?

whats parts would i need to source apart from obvious turbo, manifold. which injector size do you guys recommend and what afm as that was quite a grey area in alot of pages i was reading on

should i chip and tune or isnt that supported so maybe a megasquirt ecu?

and to the people who are gonna say why dont you do this or do that, its because i have chosen to do this, you use your money and do what you think to your own otherwise thanks guys!!!

Use the motor from a 325i m50b25tu or m50b25 non vanos as they are cast iron blocks perfect for boost, as for the aluminum blocks from the 328i dont bother with them.

What is your power goal and what will the car be used for? Street? That will determine alot like Injector size etc. What is your budget? :)

so the m50b25tu is vanos? sweet so ill look at 325's then, and as far as power goes, its just a street/skid car ive got a 323 coupe with a rb25det as a drift hack. i was thinking about 300+hp or what do you think i could get from a t3t4 and some 300 ish injectors?? budget depends on what power and how much work is involved lol as you can probably tell i havent narrowed things down yet pretty open atm

i have some 550cc injectors in a m50 rail with the fpr bypassed so you can use rising rate reg also have ms1xtra with ignition module and a m50 tune and a lazy m50 turbo mani with a 38mm wastegate on it mani's a bit home made tho $600 for the lot if your interested be a good place to start

you would want to go none vanos if you run megasuirt don't think they have the ability to switch vanos

Edited by samo455
  • Like 1

i have some 550cc injectors in a m50 rail with the fpr bypassed so you can use rising rate reg also have ms1xtra with ignition module and a m50 tune and a lazy m50 turbo mani with a 38mm wastegate on it mani's a bit home made tho $600 for the lot if your interested be a good place to start

you would want to go none vanos if you run megasuirt don't think they have the ability to switch vanos

could you please send me some pictures? and do you recommend any particular fpr that works well? on the nissans i normally use the standard ones

Megasquirt should be able to run basic on/off vanos. I would use standard fpr unless running a huge fuel system. I'm at 362hp

you can run vanos on megasquirt.

The rising rate fuel pressure regulator will cause a few headaches for your tuner though. It can be done but you'd save time by switching back

Flash tuning is possible and there are a few places in nz that will be able to do it for you. For the low power goals it'd be more than capable.

edit: too slow

Edited by Thorburn

yer the guys are right stock fuel reg is as good as any

i only went this way because i was in to shiny bits at the time

thees injectors will work with stock rail il message some pics lata

i think my megasurit will need modding for vanos

Edited by samo455

in the projects about 3 pages threw my build was under{ m50b28 gt3076r }pics of the mani there

• Like 1

ahrighty, thanks for input so far guys, its more helpful than you guys think. i have a 2.5 engine here from my rb25det coupe 323i drift hack. i think it has vanos though cause it has the lump on the car cover.

ok so ill keep fuel reg standard. 550cc injectors best option so far, and 2.5 vanos is what ill be on the hunt for......

and again really appreciate it.

T3/T4 is a laggy turbo. have one on a rb25det in my e30 doesnt really start to pull until 4k. prob beter suited to 3 litre or higher.

That probably has more to do with the RBs ass intake runner design and not the turbo.

T3/t4 doesn't really describe the turbo. Could be anything, prob a Chinese piece of shet.

• Like 1

As far as tuning goes. if you've got an MS41 ECU (usually MS41.0, MS41.1 or MS41.2 for the E36's I believe, but could be a bit off with that info) that's more than capable of being tuned and reflashed. I would highly recommend getting someone who knows what they are doing and using a dyno to do it, I can easily talk them through the software that they'll need to read and reflash the ECU.