Sign in to follow this  
sanderm3

e92 m3 japanese radio

Hello i have recently bought a 2008 e92 m3 jap import, its been in the country for roughly 3 years so never thought to check the radio/gps. I know the gps kan be done at a price but i read on the internet the radio kan be changed myself to pick up all NZ stations but kan not find the process involved to do my car. Any help would much appreciated

Thanks Sander

1. Switch on radio
2. Within 10 seconds, press and hold down the 'm' button until the serial number appears (takes around 10secs) to enter the radio's service menu.
3. Use the + or - buttons to cycle through the menu settings until you see AREA JAPAN or just JAPAN (varies a bit depending on radio)
4. Use the 1...6 buttons to select either OCEANIA (or OCE) or EUROPE - both are valid settings for New Zealand - see below for differences.
5. Switch radio off to store the change

1. Switch on radio

2. Within 10 seconds, press and hold down the 'm' button until the serial number appears (takes around 10secs) to enter the radio's service menu.

3. Use the + or - buttons to cycle through the menu settings until you see AREA JAPAN or just JAPAN (varies a bit depending on radio)

4. Use the 1...6 buttons to select either OCEANIA (or OCE) or EUROPE - both are valid settings for New Zealand - see below for differences.

5. Switch radio off to store the change

cool thanks. When you say 'm' button you mean menu button?

cool thanks. When you say 'm' button you mean menu button?

No, the M button inbetween the arrows below the volume knob.

I dont have any buttons below my volume button and have google imaged it and mine is different? as i have read those above instructions before and couldnt understand what button they were on about.

Because they are the wrong instructions ... they are for the E46 radios.

Look at a couple of posts below this forum on E60 E61 Japanese to NZ FM radio ... it's all in there.

I have made it to the hidden menu and i see C-HOST and C-TUNER etc but what now i kant make any sense off it. Endles amounts off codes but nothing to do with jap etc and i kant change anything?? very confused

I have made it to the hidden menu and i see C-HOST and C-TUNER etc but what now i kant make any sense off it. Endles amounts off codes but nothing to do with jap etc and i kant change anything?? very confused

it's not a hidden menu function - you need an OBD2 cable and NCSExpert software to action the change

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/49522-e60-e61-japanese-to-nz-fm-radio-frequency/