Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

We've turned to the dark side....

wifes new wagon

post-5771-0-42576300-1411507063.jpg

• Like 2

im quite surprised. I like it alot. very grandpa ish. but soo comfortable. With room for everything and the dogs.

Nice trucks, but beware they are hand-built by Mexicans.

the ML is the tank for the wife. I'm yet to decide on what I replace the M5 with....

But an X5 / X6 in the V8 flavour is high on my list.

Good question.

I can't really say. I've got experience with older X5's (E53) But this is our first Merc.

the spec on our ML is impressive tho. Full leather. Power everything. Awesome sounding stereo.

I would expect them to be pretty much of muchness. With the X5 being probably better in the handling department. Our old X5 V8 handled great.

The ML is a bit of a boat.

I'd like to see a ML63 v X5M test.

the front view for those not familiar with them

3291862867_471dcd8c63.jpg

• Like 2

I have driven and been driven in both, across the various different models and they are both good in different areas. Personally I would prefer the X5 as it seems to me to be a little more "sporty" if that's possible with an SUV where the ML seems more "luxurious".

The comment about the Mexicans relates more to the very, very early MLs built out of the states that had quite a few quality issues until Merc got in there and sorted out the factory. This looks to be a later version which won't have those problems, just being a little tease.

in all honesty i believe the ML is a better choice for the mrs.

please get an x5 not x6.. x5 just way better looking IMO, more aggressive and staunch compared to the x6 which looks like a weird shaped hatchback with high suspension

My brother had two X5's and 3 X6's and swears by the X6 for it's more 'sporty' focus & handling. Coming from the M5 I want something that I can lean on.

I can't justify the ML63 fuel bill. It's was $200 just to fill the mr's ML! think how quick that would go in the 6.3 !!

I just filled up my car first time from empty to full and it was $180 lol. Awesome!

The x6 is a nice drivers car. My friend had one and it was cool to drive but i just think they look silly haha

Well I've owned both the E53 and an 06 ML 320Cdi and overall the X5 was a better car in my opinion of course. I had a right mongrel of a time selling the ML.

I don't get why.

We have two SUV's now. Yes the BMW is the more drivers car.

But the merc is great for exactly what it is good at. A comfortable ride, all old man squishy like.

Whilst it might handle like a barge on the open road. It is safe, reasonably economical in the V6 and has the largest interior cabin & boot i've seen in a SUV.

I love driving it around town. It's pretty large to park. Ok I'll give you that.

But as a grocery getter it's awesome.

Well ive seen this in person and its banging! Obviously the X5 creates the same effect as your Bimmersport signature, but the Merc is still quite nice!

Oh definetley the ML is a good looking beast. Question though, does the X5 diesel go better than the 350?

Yes it does.

It's 8sp keeps the turbo spinning in it's happy place and the off the line thrust is very impressive.

The ML does well, fast enough to get you out of "that" intersection.

But you feel the bulk in the ML more. Probably is heavier. The V6 doesn't have the torque of the diesel. You have to rev it hard to get it moving.

Having said that. Both easily show 7-8lts per 100km fuel consumption also which is amazing.

Both look like they will do 1000km on a tank easy.