Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

We've turned to the dark side....

actually does better. it shows 6.8 - 7.5 alot of the time. (when the wife drives it).

I make it go up :)

the previous owner of the ML must have been fastidious! is this mainly town or mixed driving? I am quite intrigued that the SUV does better than a E350.

mixed.

I've reset the consumption since we bought it. it's what the computer is quoting.

I didn't quite believe it either but we have had it a nearly a month now and it's only been refueled twice.

Mind you it is $200 to fill.

Is the ML500 still getting those figures? How far is the $200 stretching?

Friend of mine has the previous one of the ML500, he gets around 12-14/100km average depending on his foot.

How does the BMW and Merc SUV's handle speed bumps? The Porsche feels like a trampoline exiting speed bumps, and I don't mean in a comfortable way. Both on air suspension, the RS6 takes them perfectly with no drama. The Porsche is even worse when set in comfort suspension, the old M3 was fine but not as comfortable as the RS6. I'm wondering if its just the Cayenne that handles them poorly or SUV's in general.

Interesting question. In my wider family we have all these models. Cayenne (2012) GTS is hard as a rock suspension but handles speedbumps well. I wouldn't go fast over them but certainly no trampoline feeling.

Wife's ML has 15in rims and like 70 series tyres. You could drive over the curb and hardly feel it. Body control is good tho.

My X5 is probably worst. Performance edition suspension and it's very hard with no adjustablity, add 20" rims and you just need to drive slowly.

I have heard lots of stories from cayenne owners that its just not a great car overall. They have all since changed to the audi Q7

I haven't personally driven a Q7 but my cousin did switch his Cayenne for a Q7 but that was mostly due to the ferocious thirst of the turbo and depreciation vs the Q7.

No one wants a old high milage Cayenne, especially the turbo.

Driving the '12 GTS I like it. It's very sporty for an SUV. Goes waay better than the first gen ones (lighter plus better engine efficiency).

We have the 2012 V8 Cayenne S and I wouldn't buy another one. Thought we needed a SUV at the time with marriage and kids down the road, after having our daughter we found it wasn't we thought it would be. The fuel usage is just one of the things we didn't like. It's definitely the best looking SUV but its really impractical, they look much better than the older version which was horrible when I had it as a loan car for the day. The old M3 we had was more practical as crazy as that sounds.

• Like 1

2 tonne V8's aren't frugal. Hence where my 3.0 turbo diesel shines.

but then again... its the depreciation that's the killer not the fuel bill.

I think there's more of a second hand market for economical suv's than high performance ones.

Well depreciation is an expected when you buy a new car, the Cayenne was a genius move for Porsche, they sell like hot cakes, the new Macan even more so. A friend of ours tested one on the weekend and they tried to sell him the demo car at 10% off the new retail. That is absolutely insane, I could prob get that discount off a brand new car let alone a demo one. They said they had no problems selling them and they're back ordered for half a year. They had to cancel a dealer order to fit our order in when we got Cayenne too.

The RS6 is around 2 tonne V8 and it's amazing, loving every second of it =)

Edited by koruki

unsurprising with the number you see around. May dad's on his 3rd.

I've always liked RS audi's. maybe one day. :)

unsurprising with the number you see around. May dad's on his 3rd.

I've always liked RS audi's. maybe one day. :)

lol if it means much, the RS have dropped in retail price a lot over the last few years. Soon =)