Sign in to follow this  
Tidy30

Swann Insurance: yay or nay?

On 8/27/2018 at 12:37 PM, qube said:

I am in the process of moving my insurance from ASB to Classic Cars.

$1400 --> $700 for full cover, cheaper excess, agreed value rather than market value. 

ASB already less than that for the X5

• Confused 1

I just insured my M3 with AA insurance (classic) and its $16 per fortnight. 

They said the only condition was that it wasn't driven regularly, and that it had to be kept in a garage...

Heres my  one and only experience with Swann over the last 2 weeks

1. Asked for a quote for my M3, 25k cover for $428 per year, unlimited ks, couldnt be a DD, cheap I thought, might have to go with them, then she asked if I belonged to a club, said yes (BMW), no not on the list, if they were 20% discount applied.wow I thought  thats bloody good must be a catch somewhere.

2. Emailed back asking for details around a club getting on said list, nothing heard for 5 working days

3. Received email from different person apoligizing for delay but the individual who deals with Club discounts had been on leave and but was back at work now and will be in touch shortly.

4. Two days later no reply - send short cheeky email saying he must still be on leave as I havent heard anything, I was now expecting someone to get onto it,

5. No wrong! nothing, so 2 days later send another email about thier lasksidasical approach in replying to me. Stating I would add comments to the Swann Insurace topic with the online BMW community 

6. Received email apoligising about not replying and that chap who had been on leave is on sick leave, basically just another excuse and the really didnt give a toss

7. Basically saw this as excuse after excuse for not replying,  personally I will not proceed any futher with them as I took this as insight in the way they conduct thier business, hopefully for those who are with them and they have to make a claim that I am wrong in my assumption.

Classic Cover were $628 per year witn a number of conditions so will try AA

Edited by nzsapper
spelling