Sign in to follow this  
Karl E30

ews 3

Hi i am currently installing a M52tub28 into my E30 an have brought a ews3 so i can run factory computer.does anyone have a wiring diagram for a e46 or ews3 (with wire colours ) OR is there a company in New Zealand that can take out the ews from computer so i can just plug in an go.

Cheers Karl

What are you trying to achieve? To remove EWS completely or to have extra keys coded to the EWS?

The EWS3 is a two part security.

The first is the EWS looks for the correct key transponder so the starter motor will turn (car doesn't crank) - this can be easily bypassed with a quick wiring change

The second part of the EWS is the pairing of the DME with the EWS unit and the rolling code that's generated - this is harder to do without the correct flash tools to remove EWS from the DME - without the correct pairing it stops the DME from providing fuel or spark on start up. (i.e. car cranks and dies)

Wants to start and run the m52tu in an E30 Tom :P

All wiring diagrams are here http://www.bmw-planet.com/diagrams/release/us/

VIN number for the car your engine is from is nb15690 (built 5/2000). You might need to cross reference the year of your ECU to the engine to check you're using the correct diagrams.

PS system is EWS 3.3 not 3.2.

PPS when do you intend starting wiring?

Karl all I can say is be very careful and get good reliable sound advise. Having transplanted a M54B25 into a e46 Ti the coding part of the project was a night mare and still having problems with it.

Karl all I can say is be very careful and get good reliable sound advise. Having transplanted a M54B25 into a e46 Ti the coding part of the project was a night mare and still having problems with it.

Really?? The only difficult part to code on an E46 is the instrument cluster ... The rest is fairly easy and straight forward. Which part are you having issues with???

Wants to start and run the m52tu in an E30 Tom :P

All wiring diagrams are here http://www.bmw-planet.com/diagrams/release/us/

VIN number for the car your engine is from is nb15690 (built 5/2000). You might need to cross reference the year of your ECU to the engine to check you're using the correct diagrams.

PS system is EWS 3.3 not 3.2.

PPS when do you intend starting wiring?

If I get some spare time between diaper changes I'll take a looksie haha!! Although I have to admit I hate trouble shooting wiring issues.

EWS 3.3 isn't that hard to bypass (starter side) Pins 1 and 2 shorted and you are done. It's the EWS to DME side that's harder to do without knowing what to change in the DME coding. Believe it or not BMW actually builds in a lot of "debug" modes into their software - however as far as I am aware the current MS42 and MS43 EWS bypass basically involves soldering an IMMO emulator into the DME. The other known so called bypass is actually a quasi virgininsing of the DME to allow it to re-pair with another EWS module. I am lead to believe that this can be done via Tool32 - I have however not looked into this in depth as I have no MS42 or MS43 to play with - I might acquire one however as the MS43 carries the same EPROM chip as the MSS54.

Also the EWS 3.3 modules are easy to clone if you have the correct tools. I've cloned my own EWS 3.3 module in my car with an used EWS module and it fired up fine without issue. Funny story the other day when I was describing all the EWS manipulations that I've been up to with my own car to a BMW tech and his response was "so who's E46 M3 are you going to steal?" LOL

Edited by M3_Power

hey guys cheers for all the help iv been away for awhile an rearing to get this beast done. will keep an update more regular on the upside suspension is in went for a set of xyz from evan @ speedfactor an is sitting very nice