Sign in to follow this  
scottharvey

complete m20 manual conversion

Can someone come and complete my manual conversion this weekend I've had enough of it all that's left is install pedal box gearbox clutch line dshaft and exhaust

Mate, good luck with that. Can't even say please? Sounds like you want someone to do the whole thing for you for nothing. Just an observation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Should be a nice weekend..

Perfect for you to just bite the bullet and crack into it.

You'll love it all the more when your driving it if you've done the hard yards yourself..

• Like 1

If you are serious, I'm sure one of our forum sponsors would look at doing it for you if you took your car there and payed them with money.

• Like 1

well ray said he would install all of it for 500 but ive done over half the work myself and he still wants 500

If you really can't be f**ked finishing something you've started $500 is pretty cheap given the amount of work his crew will put into it.

It took me 18 hours doing an E36 conversion in the shed at home on my own, with half the tools I needed and the car barely high enough off the ground to drag the trans out from underneath. Granted I'd never done one before and asked a heap of dumb questions but I got it done. Learned a shitload of useful stuff along the way too.

Versus 4-5 hours of Rays time, wealth of knowledge & experience, all the right tools, hoists, and all the bits you're probably missing / lost / didn't know you needed makes 500 measly bucks sound like a bloody bargain.

Or take it to some shitbox dodgy local garage that does $25 WoFs and take your chances with a $200 deal done by 'mechanics' that have probably never even sat in a frikkin E30, let alone know what to do with one in pieces.

Man up and finish the job yourself, or quit whining about what is actually a cheap deal.

Edited by Ahmedsinc
  • Like 3

Not saying you havent done it right but the reason you are still getting quoted $500 is because there is a chance of the box coming back out if the clutch or something isnt right. No professional will take that chance when giving a solid quote.

I did mine basicly by myself on a dirt floor garage in 12hrs from 6pm to 6am. Man up son!

• Like 2

Its done I did it on weekend just can't bleed clutch spent 3 hours and still nothing. I have even unbolted slave so nipple was facing up and still clutch stays on floor

Edited by Matte Black E30
  • Like 1

Its done I did it on weekend just can't bleed clutch spent 3 hours and still nothing. I have even unbolted slave so nipple was facing up and still clutch stays on floor

Bet you feel good about getting it done. And you'll feel even better shifting through the gears.. Nice one.