Sign in to follow this  
Lucan

Pelican Parts Order - Today

Hey,

I'm ordering a couple things from pelican parts today.

Let me know if you need anything, say lunchtime at the lastest.

Pelican quoted $99 shipping and I only had 2 wheel bearings in my cart at the time...so will be going through a freight forwarding company.

Cheers,

Lucan

MMM haven't used pelican for a while now as their shipping cost just kept on going up. Would be interested to know what price you can finally get it for if you don't mind letting us know also how is the exchange rate treating us.

was looking at doing an order last night, but the total came to a bit much so might have the wait a few weeks!

FCP Euro have shipping prices to NZ for a lot less than Pellican...not as much product range though.

FCP Euro have shipping prices to NZ for a lot less than Pellican...not as much product range though.

Used these guys last time. Was a lot cheaper than Pelican due to shipping.

Never head of FCP before! Had a quick look and did the same thing, 2 front wheel bearings - shipping price $98 so little ot no difference there.

Might be cheaper on smaller/lighter parts perhaps - can always compare the 2 in future now, plus their website's easier to navigate which is nice

I did a quick one from ECS Tuning, whom I have been ordering from due to many of their prices being more competitive than Pelican AND cheaper freight.

I did a quick one from ECS Tuning, whom I have been ordering from due to many of their prices being more competitive than Pelican AND cheaper freight.

Im looking at ordering a rebuild kit for the M62. Pelicans Total is $6500 USD incl shipping. How did you find ECS Tuning in comparison to Pelican?

Anyone doing an ECS order soon? Want some o-rings from them but $13 for the o-rings and $40 shipping is average as.

Im looking at ordering a rebuild kit for the M62. Pelicans Total is $6500 USD incl shipping. How did you find ECS Tuning in comparison to Pelican?

Well both have their merits. ECS have stuff Pelican just don't have. Freight for both are good in terms of speed. ECS is cheaper nearly all of the time. Weight is the biggest issue, and you will have to keep that in mind. You are going to be taxed heavily for that I am guessing, due to the sheer cost of that kit. The weight is going to cost you a pretty penny too. A rebuild kit cannot be light. As a privateer it will be more expensive, I think bringing in things via a company is cheaper.

Find out the total costs from both companies and go from there?

Try Gavin @ EuroItalian. Unit prices are higher than Pelican but you won't get reamed on import taxes & shipping

How intensive is the rebuild?

Try Gavin @ EuroItalian. Unit prices are higher than Pelican but you won't get reamed on import taxes & shipping

How intensive is the rebuild?

Ah sweet. Will speak to him. It's gonna be pretty intensive as it needs to be able to handle the super charger and I have 8 throttle bodies being installed as part of the custome intake manifold. Need to replace all gaskets, seals and have the heads and valves cleaned. Have a mate doing the full re polish acid dip on most parts too.

i find the Pelican site much easier to use, plus I am usually not buying just BMW parts, usually some things from another manufacturer too, eg some Volvo bits this time. Pelican cover all the big Euro names.

Dunno about how the prices will compare for that stuff, but there was some VW stuff I got from here: http://www.fcpeuro.com

They do a few euro brands, and the timing chain stuff was very cheap, reasonable shipping and helpful staff.