Sign in to follow this  
Jbeem

Dyno tuning/ecu remap in auckland

I have a 335i and am looking for a remap/tune.

I've been speaking to Torque performance who are local to me which is handy.

They seem pretty professional and are saying I should get about 45kw and 100nm out of a reliable street tune/remap.

Has anyone used them or have any experience in dealing with them?

Any other tuners out there you guys would recommmend/have used?

Any guidance appreciated!

J

That doesn't sound an unreasonable increase for a forced-induction engine. Bear in mind that you will need to be absolutely on top of all servicing and maintenance, much more so than if your engine was left stock.

That doesn't sound an unreasonable increase for a forced-induction engine. Bear in mind that you will need to be absolutely on top of all servicing and maintenance, much more so than if your engine was left stock.

Woah that sounds like a pretty awesome increase...

Although I've not done a remap, a lot of people have recommended Gavin @ Hi-Velocity (assuming he's till doing remaps)

A remap on my 320d easily raises power from 150 to 190+ bhp, and torque by a similar percentage.

I have a 335i and am looking for a remap/tune.

I've been speaking to Torque performance who are local to me which is handy.

They seem pretty professional and are saying I should get about 45kw and 100nm out of a reliable street tune/remap.

Has anyone used them or have any experience in dealing with them?

Any other tuners out there you guys would recommmend/have used?

Any guidance appreciated!

J

Hi

Are you planning just to run on the street or take your car to track days?

You will get more power gains if you remove your primary cats and get downpipes

As I need the feature to change maps, I have opted another route for my tune's - but I would recommend Gavin @ Hi-Velocity - as pretty much all my dyno/tuning runs were done there when dialing in my tune

^^

Common issues once the power is tuned up on the platform is misfire issues caused by old spark plugs/coil packs

@gym - Motiv just set the world record on the E9x platform with a stock n54 engine with a single turbo upgrade over the E9x M3's with their upgraded internals & supercharger kits

http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.php?5325-The-BMW-N54-horsepower-record-stands-at-829-wheel-horsepower-thanks-to-a-Motiv-Motorsport-single-turbo-upgraded-335i

@gym - Motiv just set the world record on the E9x platform with a stock n54 engine with a single turbo upgrade over the E9x M3's with their upgraded internals & supercharger kits

http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.php?5325-The-BMW-N54-horsepower-record-stands-at-829-wheel-horsepower-thanks-to-a-Motiv-Motorsport-single-turbo-upgraded-335i

Cue manic laughter... :D

• Like 1

Whats the latest on Gavin Bellars at Hi Velocity ? Is he back up and running, or moved overseas/not tuning anymore ?

Whats the latest on Gavin Bellars at Hi Velocity ? Is he back up and running, or moved overseas/not tuning anymore ?

Gavin is still working here. He is trying to find a new location I think so his dyno is in storage. He will tune etc but will have to use another dyno .. I think he uses one out west

I've used Torque, and yes recommend them. 

What sort of price did they ask for a remap on a dyno?

Try ATP , Auckland Performance Tuning or Travel to Dtech Tauranga

Around a grand for our cars.

Ah .. Gavin and hi velocity runs a bit more I think

Hey thanks for the replys guys. Torque quoted me 1000 bux for the remap and two hours on the dyno. They said they have done heaps for 335is. Beeker2 what sort of increase in power/torque did you see and on what vehicle?

I might need to do coils and plugs as she's running a bit rich based on the exhaust smoke.

Edited by Jbeem

I also have a 335i, keen to hear your results if you went through with it.

Edited by pulse

Hey thanks for the replys guys. Torque quoted me 1000 bux for the remap and two hours on the dyno. They said they have done heaps for 335is. Beeker2 what sort of increase in power/torque did you see and on what vehicle?

I might need to do coils and plugs as she's running a bit rich based on the exhaust smoke.

My recommendation is a Cobb Accessport 3 which is a complete reflash. $1,150 at current exchange rates. Average power gains at the wheels of 30% HP and 38% torque. Don't go for a piggyback.